Add sleep tracking to Zip

Zip has a battery life of up to 6 months. Is it possible to add sleep tracking?

Or create a new device like the Zip (Zip 2?) which is worn the same but with sleep tracking and the benefits of 6 month battery life.

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Labels

6 Comments
McCullough
Jogger
Spoiler
This is the least LEAN way to get my idea across when I sent this to the tech. support, I was redirected here.  I expressed disappointment in the rote responses.  After 3 e-mails, they continued to send me to a public blog   There is no manual ability to track sleep for a Zip device.  It is referenced on my log dashboard under SLEEP but doesn't allow manual input.  Ideally, the zip would track it but I understand that this isn't a function on my device.  I want to track sleep manually like you would for Water or Food.  What isn't that possible?  I would like it then to report in the SLEEP section of the site so I can track sleep.  Studies are finding how important getting good sleep is for health.  I hope the Project Development section of Fit Bit takes this suggestion into consideration.  Thank you.
Status changed to: Not currently planned
EmilyEL
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for your participation on the Feature Suggestion board. It is a technical limitation of the Zip that it is not capable of tracking sleep. Even so, you may manually log your sleep on the online dashboard at Fitbit.com by going to your sleep log. Check out the latter portion of this informational sleep post, which provides details on how to do this. 

Evanston
First Steps

As a formerly delighted and long-time customer of the Jawbone UpMove, I was so disappointed when Jawbone stopped producing wearable trackers to morph into a healthcare startup.  That left the Nokia Go (which quickly broke) and FitBit Zip.  Reluctantly, I bought the Zip.  I'm not interested in replacing beautiful jewelry with a nasty plastic thing on my wrist that's too small to read anyway.  I need a discreet wearable device that doesn't stick out of my clothes.  I'm here to tell you that compared to UpMove, the Zip (a) is uncomfortable (b) costs twice as much as UpMove and (c) has half the features, the most significant lack being IT HAS NO SLEEP TRACKER!!  UpMove had an amazing sleep tracker - it tracked how long it took to fall asleep, duration of deep and light sleep and noted waking times.  I loved it.  It made for a disciplined life.  I read somewhere on the forum that Zip is too small for a sleep tracker.  I got a good laugh out of that one, since UpMove and Zip are essentially the same size.  How about redesigning Zip to add a sleep tracker??  I know I can add sleep manually, but I am not about to progress backwards.  I've done that already by purchasing the Zip.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

5david5
Recovery Runner
I have a Fitbit One that has catastrophic battery problems. My kids gave me a zip as a birthday present. I cannot manually enter my sleep data which, I assume takes away a vital component of any fitness program.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @5david5, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add sleep tracking for Zip users. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.