Add stationary bike to SmartTrack list

I wish fitbit counted exercise on a stationary bike. Heart rate should be enough to prove I was exercising. Why can't we choose method of execise?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
4 Comments
Status changed to: Needs More Info
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Steelwheels, and thank you for sharing your Product Feedback with the Fitbit Community. We aren't sure what you mean by your Fitbit device not counting your stationary bike. Do you mean that you'd like to have this activity recognized by Smart track? Or is this related to the spinning option on the Exercise app?

We'd like to understand this idea better, so please reply with more detail or specifics on how this idea would work, or what problem this is trying to solve. We look forward to your response.

jaeger1957
First Steps

I agree. I can do 2 hours of stationary bike with a fair bit of effort, and the app doesn't register ANY increase in heart rate or any other indication of having exercised.

Zzcc0000
First Steps

Similar to this, I'd like to suggest that where steps are being counted the default should be to count these as 'walking', rather than the current default of not counting at all towards the daily exercise goal.  Sometimes the fitbit classifies my activity as 'walking', sometimes as 'elliptical', sometimes it does not show my 30+ minutes of step-increasing activity as any exercise at all (I guess as it is classifying some as walking and some as elliptical, but neither for at least 15 consecutive minutes at a time).  At least the steps are still being counted ....

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Steelwheels, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding stationary bike to the SmartTrack list with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.