Add time markers to new sleep log

While there have been many improvements to the sleep log, the older sleep log:

fitbit-sleep-log.JPG

Gave us an indication of the times when we were awake and restless (see the time references below the graph).  While the new sleep graph gives us a similar graph, it lacks the references to when these instances occurred.  I have friends who are new parents, and they used this to track when the baby woke for his feeding.

Can we augment the existing sleep pattern graph with markers for time like this?

fitbit-sleeplog-timemarkers.jpgNote the 12am to 5am markers along the timeline.

It would allow us to once again reference not just that we were awake/restless, but also when that occurred.  It would allow my friends (exhausted parents) to know if their new son is sleeping longer than he was a week or a month ago.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

10 Comments
KateheGreat
Runner

If it isn't too much to ask, can we please also have "time to fall asleep" and actual sleep time as well. And perhaps throw in the sleep percentage as well.

TonyTk
Recovery Runner

Could we get a mouse-over for the graph to provide the precise of any sleep events. it also helps if I have to edit sleep start and stop times.

Thanks for your consideration.

lizvocal
Strider

Yes!   The new graph is useless without the data!!  If there is no way to get back to the old format, then at least include the data in the new format.

ltlsue
Base Runner

As is evidenced by the Community Help Forum, time markers AND sleep efficiency percentage are required by a significant number of Fitbit users.  Please address the current system deficiency by promptly restoring these two features. 

sleepless-in-nc
Stepping Up

I totally agree with the first comment -- thank you, PureEvil, for the wonderful illustrations.  I have a sleep disorder and bought my fitbit specifically for the excellent sleep log which told me exactly when I woke up and for how long I was awake -- information I could then share with my doctor.  The sleep efficiency percentage was also very helpful. The new graph is completely worthless to me.  As suggested above, please add a time bar to the new graph and restore the efficiency percentage.

@PureEvil wrote:

While there have been many improvements to the sleep log, the older sleep log:

Gave us an indication of the times when we were awake and restless (see the time references below the graph).  While the new sleep graph gives us a similar graph, it lacks the references to when these instances occurred.  I have friends who are new parents, and they used this to track when the baby woke for his feeding.

Can we augment the existing sleep pattern graph with markers for time like this?

fitbit-sleeplog-timemarkers.jpgNote the 12am to 5am markers along the timeline.

It would allow us to once again reference not just that we were awake/restless, but also when that occurred.  It would allow my friends (exhausted parents) to know if their new son is sleeping longer than he was a week or a month ago.

KathyTS
Recovery Runner

I need to know when I have been awake or restless.  Please restore the old functionality.

sleepless-in-nc
Stepping Up

Since I commented here earlier, I've been leaving Fitbit on Activity Mode all night instead of Sleep Mode.  Activity Mode isn't as sensitive as Sleep Mode, but it does tell me what time I move at night, so I know when I wake up and how long I slept inbetween movements.  It's not as good as the old Sleep Log, but it's infinitely better than the new one!!!

lpj1230
Jogger

I really miss the sleep times on the Fitbit.  Would like to be able to scroll to see specific times again. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

mvarey
Jogger

I would like to be able to see time markers on an hourly basis instead of just beginning middle and end on charts.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.