Add water intake on Charge 5

The possibility of adding water intake directly on the device.
- I have a Charge 5, but is likely relevant to more devices.

Same options as in app (should never differ) i.e. 250 ml / 500 ml / 750 ml

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

24 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @forsigtig, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about the possibility of adding water intake directly on the Charge 5. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Would like to be able to log water intake directly on Charge 5. I would also like to see a weather app and more clock faces/apps available.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of logging water intake directly on the Charge 5. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

In addition, please consider voting for this other suggestion posted in the forums regarding the Weather App on the new Charge 5

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

Beccabeth
First Steps

Please add water intake to Fitbit device instead of just on the app.

Also, please make payment feature available to more Canadian institutions. I chose Charge 5 over Luxe specifically for this feature and only one major  financial institution is allowed to be used. I can't add either credit card or bank account so I can't use this feature. I am feeling ripped off honestly.

JakeStrava
Jogger

This was a feature on my last fitbit, why isn't it on this newer one? Seems like a lot of features are missing this watch.

Tasgirl116
Jogger

What happened to seeing my water, weight & weather on my Charge 5?  Where did these things go?

Vikimg28
First Steps

Also would like to have water intake on the band itself, adding glasses on the phone is totally impractical.

CarterCommaJ
Stepping Up

Another user looking for the ability to add water intake via the Charge 5. Would be a great update to the device.

-lil-
Recovery Runner
Being able to track water directly on the watch as suggested under https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Add-water-intake-on-device-Charge-5/idi-p/506157... would be really great.

But I think it would be helpful as well to have a reocurring reminder for drinking water on the watch directly.
Katiewil
First Steps

I have read probably 6 or 7 requests for this same feature with votes indicating many people want it. They start at 2018.

This is so dissapointing. I just got my fitbit, I might return it, feedback isn't valued and water was a key item I wanted to track. I got the fitbit specifically so I wouldn't have to carry my phone everywhere, so it's impractical to require people to use a phone app for a wearable device that they paid for. 

Please do better

Merkurrr
First Steps

I'm a new user, so replying late to this survey. But I very much want to see the ability to record water intake directly on the device. 

Walidaltawil
First Steps

Well, this suggestion made more than 100 vote, and still nothing happened 

pomcho
First Steps

Hey Fitbit team, I just bought my first Fitbit tracker today and can't believe this basic feature is not available on the device while listed in the product's description at your website. My previous super cheap Xiaomi miband 6 had it.

WeatherApp1
First Steps

Would like to add water and see weather. Anyone know if other trackers that do both?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I can't believe this is still 'in review' considering how long and how many users have been requesting it.

My old versa is on its way out so will be shopping for another band that can do the basics such as this one.

JesStar5000
First Steps

Please add water tracking to the Fitbit. Not helpful just to have on phone.

vlad0909
First Steps

please add water tracking to the Fitbit charge 5

VaeVeritas
Jogger

Please add a customizable water log on the Fitbit devices similar to the customizable activity tracker.

yapofire
Stepping Up

Adding water logging to the Charge 5 is a must, please make it hapoen

prashantsc
First Steps

Adding water logging to the Charge 5 surely going to help many people

TanyaBils
Jogger

dissapointed there's no water logger on the band. 😞 

DazedCat
First Steps

I also want a water intake feature without wandering off on to the app because that's inconvenient and I'm prone to forgetting.

Lorentari
First Steps

Yes...! Please add this. I spent >15 minutes looking through the app, on how to enable this feature, because I thought it was obviously there.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.