Adding Volleyball to Exercise Shortcuts

Add volleyball to the exercise shortcut options.
Bonus would be if Fitbit could track things like swing speed, power, and vertical jump.
13 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @meielei. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Volleyball to the exercise shortcuts list with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Kristenf2
First Steps

I second her suggestion! I consistently play volleyball many times a week and would love to be able to recognize it instead of having to manually change from auto recognized “sport” to volleyball later. 

Aggi91
First Steps

I third that comment! Please add volleyball and beachvolley to the options 🙂 

Yaelpit
First Steps

Please add this option!!! I need each time to log the activity from the dashboard 😞 

pamocan
Jogger

100% agree, add volleyball

karthikcnmurthy
First Steps

Pls add volleyball to the sports modes. Currently the app detects only steps and variances in heart rate which adds to the 1x and 2x active minutes.

As highlighted in other comments, Volleyball has multiple aspects like quick sprints, jumping, squats & lunges while digging and quick reflexes overall when played even with moderate level of play. This would mean that a player would constantly be on the move with any of the above movements in anticipation of playing.

It would be great for Fitbit to have this added to be able to calculate the calories burnt when this mode is activated.

LauraMI
Jogger
To have only about 10 exercise options to choose from on your watch exercise tracking shortcuts is inadequate. Common sports, like basketball, volleyball, etc need to be added to the tracker for easier tracking during a workout! I know I can manually add it from the dashboard, but I'd like to have it on my watch to start and stop.
Bod32
First Steps

That is a great point and I would love to see more information on this. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LauraMI, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding more sport activities as exercise shortcuts. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

You might be also interested in this other suggestion: Adding Volleyball to Exercise Shortcuts.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

dvikulin
First Steps

Hi!  Are there any concrete plans to implement this feature? Or the number of requests is insufficient?

fmamede
First Steps

Would be great to have volleyball as a Sport. Is a quite popular sport to be added.

LauraLua
First Steps

YEs please add volleyball!!

Billw2k
First Steps

Yes please.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.