Smart wake on Inspire HR

I love my new Inspire HR, but I would love it A LOT more if it had some form of the Smart Wake feature. Perhaps the phone (Fitbit app) should do the hard work, but it would be awesome! I really need this feature (and many others aswell).
12 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Yerri. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the Smart Wake feature on your Inspire HR with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

AmW7884
First Steps
Along with the alarm feature a tied in feature that can detect if you are easier to wake up, up to 15 minutes before your alarm goes off and maybe 10 minute cushion after. My previous device was a jawbone up that had this. It was lovely to be woken up a few minutes early if it could tell it was easier for you to wake up.
Status changed to: Needs More Info
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AmW7884Thank you for sharing your Feature Suggestion with the Fitbit Community. We're happy to let you know that this feature has been released on some of our Fitbit devices with the name of Smart Wake. You can find more about this feature in this help article under Can my Fitbit device adjust my alarm based on my current sleep stage?

If this isn't what you're looking for, please reply back with more details of specifics about your idea and on what Fitbit device you'd like to see it developed. We look forward to your reply.

AmW7884
First Steps

Any idea if smart wake is going to roll out to all of them? I have an inspire HR and I'm not really looking to upgrade right now..

thedanliest
First Steps

I would love this as well! I used to use the Sleep Cycle app on my phone, and I loved waking up in light sleep. However, since they updated the app to work primarily with sound, and I moved to an apartment closer to a noisy street, it doesn't always work as intended, so I stopped using it. Since the Inspire HR already tracks my sleep via heart rate a, I really hope the Smart Wake feature can make it's way to the Inspire HR.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AmW7884. Thanks for confirming that you'd like to have the Smart Wake feature available in the Inspire HR. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and watch this space for status updates.

VijayGopal
Stepping Up

This is an excellent idea and I would love to see the Smart Wake on my Inspire HR - it will greatly aid my sleep habits which I am trying to change

HopHopper
First Steps

I've lost hope that any of these votes or comments will convince the fitbit team to do anything... Nontheless it's the only chance we have at getting a more complete product.

I hope that fitbit is willing to spend the time to port over one function that already exists on other devices, and one with a line of requests across other HR devices as well.

Please bring smart wake to the Inspire HR.

trutan
First Steps

I want a small heart rate monitor with smart wake and fitbit doesn't have a watch that matches my needs. Please update inspire hr to have it

hard_wake
First Steps

Smart wake on Inspire HR...

The hardware is ready to deliver. The software, developed for other models, should not be too awkward to port.

After almost two years, shouldn't the update be available? Does anybody consider this marketing strategy as a rewarding marketing strategy?

Thank you for your attention and help.

AnnieMarie95
First Steps
I saw an old forum from 2022 that considered adding this feature to the Inspire HR, but I dont think that there's been any movement on this since then. I think that a lot of people would appreciate this feature being added to this model (and maybe others) of the fitbit, and it seems like the device is capable of supporting it.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AnnieMarie95, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding Smart Wake to the Inspire HR with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.