14 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Thanks for this feedback! 

nonnikcam
First Steps

This is really important.  It's especially important when groups form around work or people change jobs or move and need to leave a group or transfer ownership of the group.  Right now, there is simply no way to do this.

eukota
First Steps

I am in just this situation. I created a group for my company and the people that run the show need to have control but they can't. Our only option is to delete the group and start a new one.

Granting multiple admins also solves the issue of transfer of ownership as you can add someone else as an admin and then remove yourself.

For a social group, allowing more than one admin is a must.

Baltoscott
10K Racer

I absolutely agree.  

There are many groups on fitbit that are somewhat active, but are plagued by a few members who are abusive. If the person who created the group (the admin) as moved on, there is no way to remove abusive members from the group.  Allowing multiple admins will allow for transfer of ownership of a vibrant group and will allow the originator the ability to recruit to help run and keep the group members active, and to remove people who don't want to "play nice."

doutri2
Base Runner

I agree with the above posts and that of the original poster.  In my group, I tried to reach out to the Admin of our group, but that info is anonymous.  As a result, I have not received any responses from said administrator of the group in which I am in: Fitbit Hoopers.  So, having more than one admin or the ability to move powers of admin over to someone else, would be helpful.  Thanks.

pyronik
Base Runner

there would need to be an option to add admins by fitbit too, not just the original admin, for cases where the original admin is no longer active too.

WinePress
Recovery Runner

I have a fitbit group and am the admin at this time...

I want to add a certified personal trainer as an additional administrator.  How can I add / share admin capabilities with someone?   

KelPort
Jogger

Great idea, i can see better management and involvement in the groups if more than one admin was allowed

BarbaraHogan
Jogger
I see the thread but have we gotten anywhere on this?
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@BarbaraHogan Can you please elaborate? I'm not sure what thread you are talking about.

BarbaraHogan
Jogger
I read through a thread about adding additional administrators. When I went to comment it popped me into the section for help. I wrote my post.

Our administrator left 2 years ago. Now we can't do anything with getting anyone off our site.

Did you add the ability to add more administrators?

Sent from my iPhone. Be the Blessing.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I am in the same boat. Created a work group and now I am retiring from my place of employment. I have someone that wants to step up and be the administrator of the group.  C'mon Fitbit! You are able to create amazing technology but no button on a website to switch roles in a group?

Wellness100
First Steps

I would suggest that Fitbit creates some sort of work around for when a group administrator needs to be switched on a company Fitbit Group. The suggestion given is to delete the Fitbit group and start again however this is not a viable option. Corporate wellness is becoming quite a large industry and many wellness plans include Fitbit's. It would be beneficial to have the option to switch administrators out of large work groups. As you can imagine, deleting the group and starting again would mean that I would need to get every single employee in my group to open and read my email explaining the issue and then look for an email invite from Fitbit and accept said invite. Those who do not comply would be missing out on insurance discounts which would certainly cause quite an uproar. To me it seems that this is a very inefficient and complicated way to handle a simple problem.

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that this has been released on Community Feed Groups. Open the "Private Group" > Tap on list of members > Choose a member > Tap and hold to make him Admin (Android) / Swipe left to make him Admin (iOS). You can find out more here What should I know about closed groups in the Fitbit Community? @jen98144 as a thanks for your suggestion that was released, you will now receive a higher voting weight worth 5 votes Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the community.

Please enjoy the new feature!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.