Adding “soreness level” input to readiness score

Add user input field and data point for readiness score on at 1-5 scale. 3 (usual soreness) does not impact score. 1-2 (not sore or less sore) positively impacts or increases score, while 4-5 (sore or extremely sore) would negatively impact or reduce the readiness score.
This could be a similar feature to the stress level indicators.
6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Greg9313, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding “soreness level” input to readiness score. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

MisterMarcoo
Recovery Runner

This is a good point, cause I am kind of confused and "demotivated" because of the readiness score:

Everyday I check my readiness score and the recommended zone minutes I should try to get. Everytime I achieve those goals . At the beginning of showed mediocre to low scores. On mediocre days I'd train, on the lower days I don't. 

However, at some point, I didn't train for two days because indeed, I had pain on my knees of running. So the following the day the score was excellent. And no matter how hard I train now, I need to get two times plus active zone minutes on a excellent day to even ever get a low score again.

One might say: why care? Well seeing the low score, to me meant that I had trained hard enough yesterday so I earned a day of rest. But now, everyday I must train according to the score, but my body cannot deal with that at the moment, since my knees are still hurting. So .. annoying score.

BillieTries
First Steps

I have also wondered why there isn't a feature where you can put in other info that impacts your readiness level, like when you are sick, have a cold, or feel tired despite a good night's sleep. For example: I got a 99 readiness score today, but I have a cold, my entire body is sore due to several health issues, and my asthma is flaring up. Maybe a "how are you feeling?" feature for physical fitness in addition to the Mindfulness would be useful. Or, a list of symptoms like in the Menstruation cycle feature, where each symptom take off a number of points (or a percentage) from the daily readiness score. If someone has a fever, for example, it is not wise to get their heart rate up, so that should take off at least 70%, I'd say. 

Greg9313
Recovery Runner

@BillieTries this is a good point! Theoretically there is data to suggest that increased movement and exercise can reduce the impact some chronic diseases have on your day to day. So asthma and other chronic ailments wouldn’t necessarily be super valuable to the calculation; however, like you said with the cold/flu or other temporary illness and/or injury would be EXTREMELY helpful information to impact the readiness score. 

Fitbit, please consider this feature enhancement. 

Kaleidoscopeeye
Recovery Runner

Seconding this! I sprained my ankle over 2 weeks ago and I still have to keep off of it as much as possible, so the readiness score is such a lie without being able to report injuries and illnesses from my side. 

Greg9313
Recovery Runner

@Kaleidoscopeeye I hope your ankle healed up nicely. This is exactly the type of thing that should be captured since your device obviously cannot tell when you are sick or injured. 

@YojanaFitbit is this still monitored? Did this feature ever make it onto a backlog? Does fitbit even do new things anymore since the acquisition?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.