Adding water activities

I bougt my Flex 2 to track other activities than work outs, and espesially my time in  water.

First of all I struggled to find which one I could wear in water. And when I took the quiz I was really disapointe that swimming didn`t show as an option for "favorit activity".

I enjoy playing in water, often with children. Will it be possible to add some option for this later?

Also, I find the swim tracking to focused on pool. I would like to be able to swapp between different kind of waters/waves that would have been great as we all know you use a lot more energy swimming in big waves than in a calm pool.

4 Comments
kwaasen
Runner

Hi again 

Being a little more experienced in using my Flex-2 I would like to add some other thoughts. 

First of all I often d

Spend the day on the beach and are taking frequent dips to cool down. This is only registered as steps. But I do believe that doing my 250 "steps" as swimming, even if random breaststrokes, I use more calories than by walking. 

I do understand the idea behind the 10 line. But I really would like some recognition for my short swims. Those are better than lying on the sunbed, right? 

Other activities I do while in water and hope you will consider to make options for: aqua aerobic, kayaking volleyball and ballgames. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @kwaasen, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this as an exercise feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

blueorbits
Recovery Runner
I've owned a Fitbit One, Charge 2, Ionic and now got a Sense for my birthday. I'm coming back to again ask that a water activity is added to the list. It is important to be able to track activities WITH GPS over water as none of the other functions are able to track this accurately.
I've tried tracking as a hike, or bike, or run options, no use.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @blueorbits, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add water activities. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.