Manually start an activity from the app

Since Alta HR has no button on it but has the HR sensor, so I'm thinking in the future we can manually start an activity (yoga, workout) from the app, just like how we start an outdoor running right now (if running able to that, I don't see any reason why we cannot do that for other kinds of activity), then it automatic calculate the calories based on the heart rate during the period, so that I don't have to go back to the app to manually enter the time & calories for the activity.

It would be super helpful to me.

Screenshot_20170727_223940.png

4 Comments
su11
Jogger

Please could we get a 'start exercise' button on the app, in lieu of there being such a button on Alta HR? The feature to manually add an exercise results in an 'unverified' activity that my healthcare provider (Discovery Health, South Africa) doesn't recognize for its rewards program. A quick start and stop exercise feature would really help me (and many others, judging from the forum posts) get the best out of the device.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Dani.G
Jogger

I agree! Plus the alta hr does not detect stairs or hills ect would be fantastic if i could track that through the app as i cant see how i will earn any floors badges! I do yoga every night that i track through yoga apps but sometimes i just like to do quick stretching that it does not pick up on.  We should be able to have more than just walk or run to track. 

MoonstoneWolf
Tempo Runner

I too agree with that suggestion instead of manually logging it.  Anyone can say they did so much time of yoga or other related activity.  

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.