Airplane mode for Charge 3

Hi, I'd really like to buy the charge 3 when it comes out probably around september, but only if it has the option of airplane mode, or an option to turn Bluetooth off (no exposure to radiation), I know its less than the fcc regulation etc, but youtube videos show it much more than we expect, anyways there is also restriced areas that don't allow bluethoot on, so an airplane mode would be really usefull.
If it's easy to do I wouln't understand why not do it, garmin has it but the reason I dont want the garmin is beacause the HR monitor is not good.

So hopefully you guys can take it into consideration.

I think lots of people will buy it if this gets added.

57 Comments
dagreat
Recovery Runner
dagreat
Recovery Runner
VSL346fgh
First Steps

You should be able to shut down bluetooth completely via the watch/fitbit to limit radiation as you see fit. I wont buy a Fitbit until this is confirmed as all these devices only give a little each but all together it increases your chances of Cancer and other Radiation based illnesses. At the very least it damages cells directly close to the item. I have had Cancer twice and as a result have done alot of research into how to reduce the level of EMF that my family and I are exposed to, the fact that companies are still not taking this seriously is profiteering.

Wenji
First Steps

My 10 year old daughter REALLY wants a Fitbit.  I did some research and found out that, like everyone on this post, there is no way to turn off Bluetooth on the FitBit and this is a huge concern for me.  I cannot not buy a Fitbit product without the functionality to turn BT off if there is the slightest chance that it could affect her health in the long term.  Otherwise, it looks like a great product and lots of fun for a kid and adult.  Please make the change so I can make my daughter happy. 

fliebel
Recovery Runner

I agree this is a desirable feature, and one that if it wasn't for the fitbits's superior sleep tracking (according to some reviews), I'd have gotten a Garmin instead.

As others have noted, disabling all day sync, or even better, turning off bt on your phone, will cause it to send a lot less data.

Jpowpoll
First Steps

Please please please make it so we can turn Bluetooth off when we want!! 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. I'd like to mention that our product managers have taken this feedback on for the next generation models as well. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.