Alarm after restful hours of sleep

Fitbit should create an alarm on the watch that can wake the person up after a set amount of “sleep” calculated by the Fitbit. Sometimes when i plan 8 hours of sleep, I end up waking up in the middle of the night or somehow not getting in my full 8 hours, but I wish there was a way that the Fitbit would only wake me up after I got the amount of sleep that I wanted!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

13 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Inchenbienchen
First Steps

I would also like this idea, even though for me it’s the other way around since I often sleep to much. I would appreciate an alarm that wakes me up after a certain amount of sleep so I have more time for other things.

ModStepper
First Steps

I created an account here to suggest the same idea and realised I'd been beaten to it.

I think this functionality would be awesome for weekends and holidays (wouldn't really use it on a work day)

Tinsel171
First Steps

I would also like this feature for the weekends, great idea!

AnotherBeing
First Steps

This is exactly what the Fitbit needs! They have the technology to know how much restful sleep your getting. An update to add an alarm to go off after you reach your sleep goal would be a game changer! Please make this happen!!!!

sarahkatharina
First Steps

This is literally the only thing I miss with my Fitbit! I often go to bed and set an alarm for 8-9 h but end up laying in bed cause I can’t fall asleep and then I only get 7 hours. My mornings are flexible so I would use this feature within the week and not only on weekends! It would also be nice if the Fitbit would give you a suggestion of how much sleep works best for you and maybe wake you up once you’re rested (enough deep sleep...) and not only after a certain amount of time. I would use that on The Weekends and hopefully wake up we’ll rested 🙂 I hope this will come in a future update this is the only thing I miss!

enelson721
First Steps

Yes!! I just made an account to suggest this very idea! It would be sooooo helpful so that ways I don’t oversleep but I also get enough sleep

beylmk
First Steps

I'd also love this. Please please please

rechtapia
First Steps

I just woke up after 10 hours of sleep. My body feels dehydrated.

I would like my fitbit to wait me up after 8 hours sharp.

Pixie098
First Steps

Yes please! I can't believe this functionality doesn't already exist when it is tracking your sleep anyway. Please implement this, it would be very useful!

SebDN
First Steps

Agree. This would be a super helpful feature! Please indeed implement this. Thanks!

faithember2
First Steps
I think that there should be an option that allows you to have alarm on the Fitbit that goes off once the watch has detected that you have slept for 8 hours or 9 hours or whatever you set it to. But it should automatically detect when you've reached that time limit but not be an actual countdown because when you're sleeping sometimes you wake up.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @faithember2, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having an alarm that goes off after having restful hours of sleep with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.