Allow Fitbit devices to sync with Polar heart rate monitor

The Polar H7 chest heart monitor is so universal. I love it. Please, please allow the Fitbit watches to sync with it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

91 Comments
davelb54
Jogger

JimCalf (Jim Cavanaugh), I'm ordering a Vivofit 3 today before they become unavailable (since the Vivofit 4 is, which doesn't support pairing with an external heart rate monitor according to the person I spoke with at Garmin). Out of curiosity, have you tried pairing your Vivofit 3 with a Polar H7 or H10 chest strap? 

ArmyChick1
First Steps
I’m sorry, I don’t have a Vivo Fit.

Live Healthy & Strong,

Leslie
JimCalf
First Steps
Hi Davelb54,

I have not tried the H7, but the Vivofit 3 fully supports ANT devices. I’ll be pairing a new ANT cadence sensor for cycling after I get it. Good for Spin classes especiallly where all I record is heart rate.

Jim Cavanaugh
Sent from my iPad Pro
davelb54
Jogger

Hi JimCalf (Jim Cavanaugh): I've received my Vivofit 3 and Polar OH1 and followed the pairing instructions given in the Vivofit 3 manual in the "Pairing Your ANT+ Heart Rate Monitor" section, but the monitor isn't getting paired to the Vivofit 3. Any pointers? If you followed some other procedure to pair yours, could you describe it in a reply? Many thanks!

David

PanchoCole
Recovery Runner
Uhm, this is a Fitbit thread, not a Vivofit/Garmin thread, and this might
not be the right forum to post this question. Try
https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/health-fitness/vivofit-aa

--

(___________________________()6 `-,
( ______________________ /''"`
//\\ //\\
"" "" "" ""
Edmathers
First Steps

Just brought Fitbit Ionic. Great fitness tool except for HR monitor during exercise.  Will have to bin it if I can’t find a way to connect a HR monitor strap.  

Very disapointed. 

ArmyChick1
First Steps
Hi there!

I found an app workaround that does display heart rate information on Fitbit automatically. Polar Beat-> Endomondo-> FitBit

Live Healthy & Strong,

Leslie Archer
MS, CHES, NBC-HWC, ACSM CPT, Pn
UrmiA
Keeping Pace

Yes please please consider incorporating data from polar HRM. I use H10 blue tooth monitor and would love for Fitbit to incorporate this data directly into the app to improve calories burned count as well as met index of an activity.

Miramx
First Steps

Please make this possibile.

katbit007
First Steps

I am submitting my vote to link with chest strap HR monitors.  This morning in my cardio workout class the HR on my Charge 3 was ranging from 108 - 162 during similar cardio bursts.  I am 53 years old and if my heart rate is hanging in the 160s during my workout I need to know and back off.  At times I am quite out of breath and the HR is showing 118 or so.  I think the HR is pretty good at other times, but during HIIT and high cardio I am worries I'm lacking the safe and necessary feedback.

pebbles2029
First Steps

Yes! Please integrate this. I have to use a separate Polar HR chest strap and receiver, which is frustrating, and on my next purchase it's likely I'll be switching to Garmin because it has ANT integration.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly.

Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Magic91
First Steps
The connection with polar app which has the data from a session where you’ve worn the strap but not the Fitbit (in my case charge 5) I need to have my training session uploaded to my Fitbit app so that it knows I’ve trained and can calculate my readiness, or the future strain etc which you will add.
Plus the ability to log more data for session
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Magic91, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about syncing with Polar app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

EmGi-
First Steps
Please let us connect our hear rate wrists from other companies like polar or myzone.
Nearly every other watch company offers this option.
It's necessary for high intensity workouts, because the HR of the watch can't measure in such fast intervals.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @EmGi-, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board.  I've moved one into a similar request. You can see the second one here, where you can add your vote to this existing suggestion:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.