Allow More Fitbit Devices than Ace to Family Account

I am frustrated that I cannot give my Fitbit blaze to my daughter and use the family account. The only device it will allow you to since is the Ace. The Blaze is far better and it would be extremely useful to her. The only way I can have her use the Blaze is to lie about her age and create a single account for her. Please allow other devices on the family account for minors. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

659 Comments
JamesNeedsName
Recovery Runner

This appears to have been an issue for several years, now. FitBit and Google clearly have no interest in listening to their customers and making the required software changes to allow the parents to make the choice of device while still adhering to privacy laws. I guess I'll be returning the device I got and going with another company that allows parents to make parenting choices.

Stef123
Recovery Runner
Do not completely block the use of for instance Inspire 3 for -13 year olds.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Stef123, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about allowing more Fitbit devices to be set up for children on the Family Account with us. Because this product feedback was already requested on this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Dduke78
Jogger
My child is 11 and wants another Fitbit watch, not Ace. The family account gives us protection but now he doesn't get to have a choice. And, I don't either.
HappyMomma
First Steps

I agree 1 million percent. 

customer8258
First Steps

We are a 100pct Google home

Pixels, Fitbits, earbuds, Chromebooks, the works. To my surprise, Google failed to add the necessary privacy function in the software so to be compliant they just decided to disable all Fitbits from family linked Google accounts. I use family link to keep my kids safe online. It's not negotiable. 

Fitbit has no business deciding that I can't connect the device to my child phone. It's not their choice. 

The box says it's compatible. I bought fitbit because it's a Google product. All the review sites say the inspire 3 is great for kids and teens. Most of these reviews were paid and sponsored by Google. 

This is the definition of deceptive business advertising.

My son is in cross country track. Guess what? His friends got apple watches. Do you all think the watches from Apple have this problem? Do you think the Garmin has this problem? Only it's a Google problem. 

You have singlehandedly made this entire environment impossible for a parent. The Google environment is no longer family and kids friendly. I can't even convince my spouse and kid we should stay on google anymore and we are trading all out stuff in for iPhones and I watches because after 6 years of problems you still haven't realized that 70m US household are forced to ditch your entire platform because you can't be bothered to do the right thing and make your software honor privacy laws and just decided to disable the whole thing. That is gaslighting everyone in this same situation

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Dduke78, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having more Fitbit devices options to set up in to a family account with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

LegalEagle1616
First Steps

My son is 11 and almost my size. The kids Fitbit was lost & was getting small. He also is allowed on social channels that I monitor. I agree with others that it is the parents’ responsibility to control what features are turned on/accessed and should not be the responsibility of Fitbit to monitor. He likes being active & competing with me on number of steps & I don’t see why this shouldn’t continue.

RMichl
Recovery Runner
What about the New fitbit Ace lte?

Gesendet von Outlook für Android<>
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.