Allow Offline syncing / Store data locally

I think you should be able to sync with your phone and then upload data at a later date. Let us store data locally so that an internet connection is not required to see current stats.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

646 Comments
fiergj
First Steps
Perhaps the persisted data on phone or in the cloud could be edited later, e.g. on the following day or after, to reflect the correct information, without affecting the tracker, which would be treated as authoritative for what it measured, while the persisted history could take account of other factors.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mortonboots, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to edit tracker data stored off the tracker. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

seabemo
First Steps
Allow for more time between syncs - I'm talking biweekly or monthly, or allow daily offline syncs.
Offline storage of data (and syncs) allowing me to track my data for months offline if necessary.
Zero battery should not mean potentially messed up clock/alarm functions - alarms can't always be preset.
Offline FitBit app for tracking functions.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @seabemo, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to allow Offline syncing / Store data locally. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
The only thing that technically should be needed to connect the phone app and the fitbit watch for syncing is bluetooth, so it would be good if that was possible, not everyone wants to run location service all the time, and some do not have internet connection that is cheap or always available, so they should still be able to use the fitbit.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This should be not just for charge trackers, but all of them, but sadly I can't choose multiple things, so here we are.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to sync with the Fitbit app via Bluetooth without needing internet connection with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote.

In regards to the location services, we'd recommend to see this help article which explains why this is required. Vote for this request and keep adding your suggestions!

gliderman16
First Steps
I recommend you allow FitBit devices to sync to their respective phones to store more data locally. I suggest this data be stored on the phone, extending the maximum number of days the FitBit can track beyond the now reported 5 days. I understand the final analysis is done off device, but the data could be stored until internet is available.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @gliderman16, thanks for sharing this suggestion about allowing offline syncing with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Koalamedic
First Steps
Currently in order to get detailed sleep data one must open the app and sync daily.

I suggest the detailed sleep data be automatically synced with the app via Bluetooth.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Koalamedic, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about syncing your Fitbit via Bluetooth or offline. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

You can also check this other suggestion: Add again "All day sync" option on Fitbit app for all devices.

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Psyclopps
Recovery Runner
Fitbit app desperately needs offline sync issue. The device should be able to offload data to phone when offline for further processing when online. The fitbit app can display basic data until online data restored such as basic heart rate info, exercise info, etc.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Psyclopps, thanks for sharing this suggestion about allowing offline syncing with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Suzme
First Steps
Fitbit staff say the software has changed and Versa lite will only present correct time if permanently on Bluetooth day and night. Whereas previous software was great timekeeping without regular syncing (eg sync once or twice a week). Due to medical devices I cannot use blueooth/WiFi always. PLEASE revert the software. I thought my Versa faulty???
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Suzme, we wanted to let you know that the idea you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you always do a search first, in case a similar idea was already requested. That's the best way of keeping the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

cherieishere
First Steps
I have been unable to sync my fitbit sense with my phone when I have not had wifi or mobile data available.
Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @cherieishere - the watch, via Bluetooth to the phone, needs a phone Internet connection in order to send the data to the Fitbit servers for safe keeping. So if you don't have Internet on your phone you can't sync.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @cherieishere, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to sync via Bluetooth when internet connection isn't available with us. We wanted to let you know that the idea you recently posted already exists on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support and watch this space for status updates. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

dosmil_6909
Jogger
Fitbit trackers are dependent to the pc or mobile phones to navigate and store data as well as the configurations, specially the time zone management. And this feature needs wifi connection where not all tje time we have that at sea. It could be better to make tracker management direct to pc thru bluetooth or other means.
LokeAa
Distance Runner

I see your point, but unfortunately, I am quite sure that wish will not be granted. The device stores data for 7 days, are you without Wi-Fi for that long?

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @dosmil_6909, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.