Allow Two Simultaneous Weight Loss Goals

It would be nice to have the capability of tracking two different weight loss goals at one time. One a long-term goal for ideal weight (down 40 pounds in four months) and one a short-term goal to easily stay motivated by chunking the larger goal into smaller, less intimidating goals (down 5 pounds in two weeks). Just a thought. Thanks!

7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @SamWhite. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Jubie
Jogger

Agreed!!  I would LOVE to have the ability to have short & long term weight loss goals available!  e.g. goal to lose 60lbs in 1 year; but want to lose 10lbs in 6 weeks before some specific event. Hoping this feature can be added real soon ….  🙂

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SamWhite  and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience :). To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes! This would be great. Having multiple, smaller goals, as well as your main weight loss goal, would be a fantastic motivational tool. 

GreatGiza
First Steps

Would love this. My overall goal is to get down to 215 from 265 but I'm doing it in ~10 lb increments. 

ronaldj100
First Steps

I agree.

curve flattens

A long-term goal line should not interfere with the graph showing someone's short-term progress. The line should be optional, or add short-,mid-, and long-term goal settings, and only display them on the graphs where appropriate (weekly,monthly,3-month, Yearly, All-time graphs). Display of goal lines should be optional so graphs don't flatten out.

If people are only using FitBit to set short-term goals, they may never achieve their long-term success. A long-term goal line flattens the curve making short-term progress seem to be nothing at all, when in fact, if the goal line wasn't there, people would be encouraged by their own progress visually. This positive feedback is vital for success.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

My issue with saying, let's go for a 5lb loss in two weeks is that it is not uncommon for the body to fluctuate 5 lbs over the course of a single day. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.