0 Votes

Allow arbitrary calorie amounts when logging food

Sometimes there are cases when I can't log exactly what I want to by trying to find the correct fractions of servings or logging multiple servings, etc.  And sometimes what's in the database for a given food isn't the same as the package.  I'd like a way to just log a number of calories in the case that I've figured out that information myself (so calories would be added to the list of options with cups, tbsp, servings, etc.)  This should also cover overriding a food already in the database with an incorrect calorie count.

5 Comments
Status changed to: Existing Feature
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @damonR.

Thanks for taking the time to bring this up.

At the moment it is possible to log any amount of calories through a custom food. You can do so by selection the "New Food" option that shows up when you are looking for the food you want to log. 

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Garyk10
Recovery Runner

Currently, the Fitbit program permits one to enter calories consumed only by entering foods consumed.  It would be helpful to be able to enter calories as an item rather than just be entering foods.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Garyk10, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

mowermatch
Jogger

A great feature to add to Fitbit devices, would be custom calorie tracking. When you want to add food to your log on your Fitbit device, you have to put in the number of calories you have consumed. an easier solution would be to have just custom and preset calories. for example I want to log a granola bar for 200 calories, instead of typing it in, you can just select "granola bar" there should be some basic foods, but for others you can just log your own. Let's say you get a bowl of oatmeal every day. You can set that as a present, and set how many calories it is, then ad 1 bowl of oatmeal every day. It would also be helpful to have it on you dashboard, so if you get sick or something you can remember what you ate which would be good to know, so nobody else eats it.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mowermatch, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to have custom calorie tracking on the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Existing Feature". You can learn more about it here. Keep adding these suggestions.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.