Allow for notes to be entered when entering weight

I can't always weigh myself at a consistent time, so it would be helpful if there was a notes section when entering my weight so I can say what time of day, what I'd eaten right before the weigh-in etc.

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @lilvartain96, thanks for your suggestion. It would really encourage users to use the this options. It might become in a very popular request, so watch this space for updates.

coffybrowny2k
Recovery Runner

Please add a line to add notes to individual weight entries. I would like to add notes to my weight changes. Like cycle started,  vacation, sick etc.

thank you

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for your suggestion @coffybrowny2k.

I moved your idea to this thread to keep the Feature Suggestions board more organized.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

TessaLee
Recovery Runner

As someone who's been struggling with weight and logging on Fitbit for more than 5 years, I'd love to be able to annotate, or leave comments, on my weight graph associated with a specific date or date range. I'd like to chart moments in my life like when I started/stopped a diet so I could see its impact before, during, and after, life milestones like my wedding, pregnancy, etc. I believe this could help me learn what worked and didn't work for me and overall motivation. For example, if I saw I lost a lot of weight right before my wedding, but then gained it back, I now know that the thing I did to do that wasn't a sustainable weight loss treatment. Conversely, since I had a pregnancy, I can look at the stats to compare exactly what my pre-baby weight was, vs the peak right before birth, and compare my progress to today without having to scroll all over the place trying to remember the exact dates. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TessaLee, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.