Period tracker enhancement other events

I wanted to first say how I love the new period tracker feature in the Fitbit app but wanted to send a suggestion to add to the list of "other events" since morning after pill is the only option loaded. I would love to see pregnant and miscarriage added to "other events". 

I've been using this function of the app and was recently pregnant,  there was no option to add that. I also had a miscarriage and  am not able to document that. It's hard to have this track my cycle when it's missing important things to document like these.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

14 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @KellKellz, that’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Miriam85
Recovery Runner

I also had that happen a few years ago, which severely impacted my cycle, and the cycle data I painstakingly hand imported from another app.

Also, why it would be important to have the pregnancy feature added,so I could have logged the months I was pregnant. 

So sorry for both the physical pain and psychological anguish you went through. I still morn the loss of mine, but have found a way to honour the child on the miscarriage anniversary every year by releasing balloons with the # of years at my grandparents' graves and reciting the mourner's kaddish and lighting a memorial candle. I hope you find simulator peace and healing too.

RachelMCR
First Steps

Since buying my FitBit I have relied heavily on the female health tracker, in particular to establish a pattern in my monthly cycles and to monitor my ovulation window. In doing so, I was able to conceive and shop-bought ovulation tests confirmed that the days predicted by the Female Health tracker were indeed accurate.

Unfortunately, I recently suffered a miscarriage and since then I have found it very hard to know how to use the tracker to monitor my bleeding, periods and ovulation. In fact, as raised by other users, there is no option for adding a pregnancy let alone the loss of a pregnancy. Not only is this impractical but it is also quite emotionally distressing as the app is serving up information that I know is inaccurate due to the nature of the incident I’ve suffered. Please therefore consider adding miscarriage as an ‘other’ event within the female health tracker. I believe other beneficial options would be pregnancy, breastfeeding, ‘trying to conveive’, change of contraception method and even IVF options. All of these features would be hugely beneficial. Thank you. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RachelMCR, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option, I totally understand you point. I've moved it into a similar suggestion. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thanks for sharing.

hgmason
Jogger

A way to mark positive pregnancy tests so it switches to pregnancy mode, then track miscarriage and D&C/abortion dates. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @hgmason, thanks for sharing this idea with us. I've moved it into a similar request. You can also check this other suggestion, post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support. See you around.

Natosha
First Steps

I (and many other women) would absolutely love it if Fitbit added a spot for a miscarriage or early abortion to be logged because missing one period really messes up the cycle prediction! Making it say that your period should be arriving today and when it doesn't, it causes extreme stress and anxiety.. Also, a spot to report a pregnancy so the cycle length days don't just keep racking up for the next 9+ months. PLEASE!

Miriam85
Recovery Runner

So many women have suggested similar ideas, yet they keep being ignored.

I wish I didn't have to say it that way, but this has been ongoing for
months. Nay years, and all of our requests just keep getting tossed into
the same original thread topic while we are all told "There, there sweetie,
we're working on this. Thanks for your suggestions, hun."

Yes, I'm purposefully being condescending here, but I have also personally
gone as far as emailing their staff directly and asking that they work with
us, or OB/GYN's, to put the most requested features in play. I was given
the run around, my email was passed around to several people in multiple
departments, and eventually told to "post my recommendation on a message
board." Thanks, but I clearly stated that had already been done. That is no
longer a solution to the problem.

It was maddening and nearly enough for me to switch to another company when
updating my tracker. Customer service USED TO BE great from Fitbit....😔

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

hgmason
Jogger

It’s so frustrating because it’s literally the same functionality with
different titles- just pause the period and ovulation predictor until I
know I’m back in the swing of things. Whether that’s surgery, a positive
pregnancy test, etc.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Status changed to: Under Consideration
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KellKellz  and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

gauthierk
First Steps
Add a tag for IUD placement and removal suggested type "Other Events" or in a new "Contraceptive" type.
A future enhancement of this feature could be: an expiration reminder based on either an input of years by user or based on a lookup mechanism (if given the type there is a prescribed number of years).
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @gauthierk, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see add other events on Female Health app. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about it here. I hope to see you around.

hill_runner
Recovery Runner

Like the other ladies in this thread, I'd really like to see a pregnancy option in female health tracking. I used the FHT feature to track my periods from the moment it was released, and also used it to find my most fertile days when I was trying to get pregnant - very successfully I might add, as I was pregnant within a few months! Unfortunately the inability to tell the app that I wasn't having periods due to pregnancy and breastfeeding then completely messed up all my stats, so that even now, almost a year after my periods have come back, I still get useless trends like "Average cycle lengths 55 days". Since my OB likes to know this sort of info, I also have to track the data manually, which should be totally unnecessary.

I'm not asking for additional pregnancy-related features like taking into account weight gain etc (although that would of course be sweet!) but not being able to adjust period tracking for pregnancy seems like a major oversight for a supposed FHT feature.

Wheeliemummah
First Steps

This has been in consideration for over a year now and as a disabled person who bought this to track my health and keep my medical team updated I am extremely concerned about the lack of actual planning that went into the female health tracker. No option for pregnancy?! A glaring and ridiculous oversight. I haven't had my sense long but I'm honestly considering selling it and switching to a different company altogether. I really thought this would be reliable and functional but the more I use it the more I see things that should have been part of it from the start that other devices have. Extremely disappointed as I saved up all my birthday money and gifts from other holidays to buy this for my health, twisting that it'd be helpful and useful but the fact that the female health tracker doesn't have a pregnancy feature would be hilarious if it weren't so ridiculous. Pretty much any other female haaltj feacker out there has a pregnancy setting from launch. Not to have one is laughably ignorant and inconsiderate. Look at all the stress and pain you're causing. This has been suggested for years and clealry everyone has been given the runaround and its not gonna be done. We have been and will continue to be placated with, " we're looking into ladies don't worry your pretty little heads, go back to cooking or working out". Does fitbit care about the needs of women or consider things like this for the chronically ill? Doesn't seem like it. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.