Trash icon to recover deleted data

It is far to easy to accidentally delete an activity and then there is no way of recovering it.

Please can we be prompted for confirmation before an activity is deleted.

Can we have a trash can or recovery facility for deleted activities. Even if it automatically empties every 30 days or so.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

21 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Linda_W! Thank you for the interesting ideas. Please note that one of those is already an existing feature. You can vote for it here: Add delete confirmationYou also have shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

Melsin
Base Runner

As I new user I was SO upset to have deleted today’s and yesterday’s activity without even realising. There’s were about five dots. So therefore think five separate pages by swiping right.  Then swiping back left and they were just gone.  Looked up that these could be put in manually but that would only be basic I imagine if I could even do it. Instructions say press plus on dashboard then log. My versa doesn’t have log.  Only for weight good or water

greychick
First Steps

Just accidentally deleted two days of swim activities by swiping too hard which seems to automatically delete - forget the edit, forget the share buttons.  There is absolutely no reason these should be deleted without the swipe over, then choosing the delete.  And, then there is no recovery, so I can relate to and concur with Linda_W.  And I just got my new FitBit about a week ago so I loose my historical data.

TheFunkSoulBro
Base Runner

I am forever deleting the wrong activity on the iOS app and the website. I really would like an UNDELETE option on both the iOS app and the website. It should keep the past 48 hours worth of activities or the last 5 deleted or something.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TheFunkSoulBro, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Sbug71
Jogger

Really Need XL   bands

Schroeder1959
Runner

Not sure why the XL band is not an option.  I had one for my Blaze, but it stopped working, so I purchased a VERSA 2, and there is no option for an XL band.   The third party options on eBay and Amazon are not anywhere near what is needed.  I don't get the hold up, many buyers are requesting this, and it looks as though Fitbit is just ignoring our requests!!!

pickles587
First Steps

How do we get an update on this suggestion? I just deleted a swimming exercise by accident, and am shocked there is no way to undelete or recover the entry information. 

ssk878ct
Jogger

So reading through this thread, it is very disappointing that the lack of an XL band is still a problem to this day. Today in fact. Not very happy with my Versa 3 purchase at this point.  Hopefully, someone has come up with a solution I haven't found yet because Fitbit has done absolutely nothing!

n5bravofoxtrot
First Steps

Why can't I vote for this post?

Taftse
Jogger

I would like vote for this bug to get fixed ASAP there should at a minimum be a confirmation to before deleting anything in the app and if not that then at least a way to recover anything accidently deleted.

From looking at the forms and online this is a long running issue with a lot of disappointed users 

a few examples 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Recover-deleted-activity/td-p/3796342

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/How-to-recover-a-deleted-exercise-log/td-p/2755989

As a software developer myself I can tell you this is not a hard issue to solve and I would almost put money on it that the data is still in the database just soft deleted.( and if its not then it should be)

This makes me rethink signing up for premium as I would consider this a crucial feature/bug

MsBrendita
Jogger

I accidentally deleted my hiking exercise log! I Swipped, but didn't realize you need to swipe SLOWLY. Since I swiped quickly...  yea it's gone. Is it possible that we can prompted a confirmation to delete the log?... Thank you!

JohnLee13
Jogger

I accidentally deleted my first 5k run! I was proud of it- oh well. I was just seeing what the options were on the app I wanted to share it. I swiped left and before you can even select edit or share- poof it’s gone. Crappy interface. 

AlexxaReneee
First Steps

I just started using the app and completed too walks today. I was attempting to share them but they deleted before I could even lift my finger off the screen. This original suggestion was posted in 2017 and it’s now 2022 with other users currently posting about this exact thing happening. I most likely will search for a different app to use. 

Step33
First Steps

I've just started using the app and accidentally deleted my run and lost all GPS data. It should have the prompt to confirm deletion when swiping on the list of exercise, especially since it selects the delete (instead of the edit or share) by default when swiping all the way to the left.

The popup to confirm deletion is already exists in the app on the view exercise screen (click on exercise to view details, click on dot menu, select Delete Exercise). However, it doesn't prompt to confirm delete when swiping the exercise on the exercise list screen.

The missing confirm dialog should be filled as a bug instead of a feature request since it's an existing feature. It's a small fix that required little resources but has a wide impact that involves all devices and many users. I hope the team can look into fixing this issue as now, it's difficult for new users to gain trust in the development of this app and pay for the subscription, as this simple request has been pending for years.

NovaG
First Steps
A garbage bin or recycling bin (icon) to retrieve deleted items that are deleted by accident or were never meant to be deleted.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @NovaG, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a recycling bin icon to recover deleted items with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

jeweleez
First Steps
I purchased a Charge 5- Sleep log- I was sharing last night's log with someone, I accidentally swiped the wrong way- and the log was GONE! Chatted with support, found there is no way to retrieve- Fitbit needs to add an "ARE YOU SURE"? feature. Funny, ending the chat, "Are you sure you want to end chat" came up-THAT's what's needed as a safeguard
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @jeweleez, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

s.borycki85
First Steps

This recently happened to me after an 8 hour, 27km hike with new PR’s and I didn’t even know the swipe to delete function existed!! It was a complete accident and I legit almost cried because I was so excited and I was in the middle of BC, and didn’t even get to see it on the mapped out part because I didn’t have data at the time I deleted it. It sucks you can’t retrieve the data. 

Linda_W
First Steps
That's devastating, I would have been gutted. I've changed to a Garmin now. Much more difficult to delete by mistake. I've not deleted anything on here that I didn't want to.

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.