Allow import of GPX/CSV/TCX files to Fitbit account

As many people continue to convert over to the FitBit community, they bring with them months and years of previous workouts stored in various other platforms. For example, I was an avid user of SportsTracker, however their lack of flexibility with AppleHealth importing had me switch to FitBit. I have several workouts from all over the world that I would want to keep.
It would be great if these workouts could be imported to FitBit, counting toward their overall journey.
Most platforms export to a GPX or similar file. It woudl not be too difficult to impliment an import page on the website for past workout data to be imported (bonus points awarded if we could import multiple files at once!)

Moderator edit: title and labels

93 Comments
AsiMon
First Steps

I just forgot by Surge last night  and and tracked my run with endomondo.

I was sure there would be an option to upload the file later to fitbit, and pretty surprised that it is currently not possible.

Please have this fixed as I would like to keep my fitbit experience up-to-date.

Thanks!

ShaneS.
First Steps

This would be incredibly helpful for those of us that wear multiple devices. Being able to get data into the application is as, or more so, important as exporting it. I am new to the fitbit world and this could very well be the reason I don't stay. As another member posted, Fitbit may be doing this to try to maintain market share. I will be part of the market share loss if this feature is not implemented soon. C'mon Fitbit, fix this.

Hogwart
First Steps

Smiley Happy +1

BillJ616
First Steps

I've been asked a few times how I like my Blaze.  While I'm generally happy with it, I have felt obligated to disclose to them this negative aspect.

bades
Jogger

Good bye Fitbit,  It is because of your closed mindedness and policies that I am moving on to other platforms that are more readily allowable to sharing their information and accepting other platform information.  I have used Fitbit since the Fitbit Force first came out; then on to the Charger HR and Charge 2.  I even have an Aria scale.  ENOUGH!

You'll be able to maintain a market share but just look at history... Apple vs. Android.  Apple is still a strong company but they could be so much more if they were more of an open platform like Android (market share shows this).

Thank you for the products that have assisted me greatly but I need more at this point...

rbeldin
First Steps

Ditto.  Moving from a Moto 360/Google Fit environment and would like a way to import my history. 

hexaaaaa
First Steps

+1

surprised thatnthis feature doesn't already exist

blueyestm
First Steps

+1 this, please allow for importing from other apps.

MercuryMat
Jogger

Hi, I add myself to this feature request. I like the tracker (Charge 2), but syncing between apps is a pain. Please, ad least give the possibility to import the workouts from other apps. Or manually or automatic. Why for example FitBit does not sync with Apple Health or Google Fit or only partially with other apps like runtastic or MyfinessPal?!??!
In this way is mandatory to use different apps for each work type, for example:

Fitbit for sleep and resting HR
Runtastic for workouts (with some serious HR monitor...maybe waterproof)
MyFitnessPal for Calories.

It's nonsense.

Orion2675
First Steps

Please allow this feature to be added.  I'm so done with UP after 5 broken bands and a broken customer service... Please!!!

I need a simple CSV data import to fix the Aria scale not recognizing me issue which dates back to 2013. Export all my weight data which reports me as guest. Change; via a simple replace all command  in a spreadsheet; "Guest" to my initials. Then import CSV file into Fitbit. No need to change each reading individually.

GraceCharlotte
First Steps

I want this so much! I often forget my surge (I wear alta day to day) so then I record my run on endomondo (as I cannot get the fitbit app to record my GPS for some unknown reason). Then I can't upload it. I can upload to endomondo, runkeeper, strava... etc... but not fitbit it's very annoying! 

A_qatar
Recovery Runner

I vote for this option too, there MUST be an option to upload an activity (CSV,xls, txt) file to my fitbit history.

Giampi71
5K Racer

I'm currently an happy owner of Blaze (and favourably looking for Ionic) but the running tracking is really too basic and I prefer to use a TomTom watch for my running sessions. Really disappointed I can't import my sessions. This is the only weak point of the FitBit ecosystem but honestly is becoming a deal breaker.

lak4
First Steps
I finally had to move to a garmin. For me the deal breaker was lack of
running capbility, waterproof and battery life. Garmin is better in all
these categories. Fitbit dashboards are better and I miss that about the
ecosystem.

--
- Do PGP, here's my public key: My PGP Public Key
aabergm
Jogger

I would love this feature, would make me feel like I didn't waste my time on other branded trackers

carlopredati
First Steps

Would be really great to have that tcx or gpx import function!

rpmazur
Jogger

I too would like this to happen.  Right now I would have to pay MyNetDiary to sync information with the Charge2. Having this feature would be useful in moving nutritional data from MyNetDiary to the FitBit.

ysl
First Steps

Fitbit, please think from your customer's perspectives so that their data can live on. Health data is your customer's data, not yours. Please don't just protect your own eco-system. Please do the right thing for your customers. Thanks.

WensFR
First Steps

It would be really great to have a new import function for tcx or gpx 

Regards,

I would love this! I can't track my cycling route with a map, but I can on runtastic, and if I could import my files from runtastic into fitbit.com, that would be wonderful!

I just wish this feature was available on fitbit, as it's available on other sites! Thanks!

-Alexandra

eliivey
First Steps

My CSV files are all dolled up but with nowhere to go... Smiley Sad

I totally agree with being able to import our data from other trackers. I have 3 years of data on Jawbone and have downloaded my CSV files. I'd like to be able to import this historical data to my Fitbit account. Please make a way for us to do this. I realize some companies may not allow you to access their data in this way but perhaps if you can create a way for us to import via csv files it will really solve our problem. 

My files are looking forward to our date Smiley Very Happy

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I also would like to have such feature. I would import Endomondo weight track, so that I have all in one place.

helzayat
Recovery Runner

Consider this another vote for Fitbit implementing an import data function.

atotic
First Steps

I just got the new Fitbit scale. I used to have Withings, but since they were acquired by Nokia, their UI has been goofy.

Before moving to Fitbit, I need to transfer my data from Withings. I have 1000 weight data points, and the world where I never weighted less than 180 is just too depressing.

Unless I am able to transfer my data, I'll have to sell the Fitbit scale, and keep using Withings as long as I can stand it.

Aleks

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.