0 Votes

Allow non-Fitbit devices to sync and use Fitbit app features

I used to use fitbit and loved doing the challenges with friends and family, but I wanted a nicer watch than fitbit makes, I would happily pay a monthly subscription to fitbit just to be able to use a different watch and participate in the challenges🤷. But the watch is more important and I choose not being able to participate.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

2 Comments
Odyssey13
Community Legend

Hi @Grant23111  when Fitbit removed our ability to join challenges with friends, many of us went to Stridekick. There is a free version of Stridekick, which allows the data to be ported from other devices to a single challenge with friends. I'm in challenges with people using Apple, Garmin and Fitbit devices. Might be worth your checking it out for your family and friends. We can even create challenges for reading, drinking water, etc.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about allowing non-Fitbit devices to sync and use the Fitbit app features with us. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this product feedback to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly.

Thanks for your participation in the Product Feedback forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.