Allow support for Windows 10/PCs app for all devices

The windows 10 app version does not support the fitbit versa 2 as of yet so I have no way to add music to the device. Disappointing as that one of the reason I got the versa 2 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

45 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Lbils1 Thanks for your suggestion to having support for the Fitbit Versa 2 on Windows 10 app.

Currently, you can add music to the Versa 2 without the Windows 10 app. Please do the following:

- Download the app Fitbit Connect for PC from this site.

- Connect your Versa 2 to the Wi-Fi network using your cellphone

- Plug your Versa 2 to the charging cable plugged to your computer

- Follow the instructions to download music shared on this article

yumesoraki
Stepping Up

Please add some support for Windows 10 app for the Versa 2. It does not list on the product page that you can't use Windows 10 app (and that's my primary connector for fitbit), and my current phone can't connect to it (again, mention on product page that OS 7+ android would've been nice to know because I'm sitting here, trying to connect with a watch that's not connecting to anything)-yes went through all the guides and talked with a nice person on chat-which is the only reason I know now that windows 10 app / and my samsung S5 won't connect. 

Status changed to: New
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@yumesoraki Thank you for your suggestion about adding support for Windows 10 for the Fitbit Versa 2.

I moved it to this thread to keep this board organized and because it is the same idea.

windows
First Steps

Plans to allow it to work with Windows 10? Trying to use a phone to search and use the Fitbit is very hard to do for older folks like me. I also don’t use Apple products. This should be made more clear to those purchasing this device. I kept trying to use Windows 10 with this device for most of yesterday and just stumbled on one line informing me of the Windows 10 issue. Really very disappointed and not sure I will keep the device. Thanks again.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @windows. Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about allowing the Versa 2 to work with Windows 10. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

there was no fitbit desktop tag so i picked versa instead. so this suggestion is about the fitbit versa 2 alexa integration so i was thinking since i want to have alexa and do not have a phone and i only have a laptop running windows i think it should be able to setup and use the alexa feature from the desktop app.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @spencer_scelfo, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about being able to set up and use Alexa through the Fitbit desktop with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

MurrayT
Jogger
Charge 4 set up requires a smartphone running ios or android. I had to return a Charge 4 as the set up via Fitbit Connect (on Windows 10) doesn't work as it did with earlier models like Charge HR. Charge 4 should be able to be set up with Fitbit Connect under Windows 10.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MurrayT, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add support for Windows 10. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

NoUserNamesLeft
First Steps
Revert to letting us update and set-up all devices from the Windows 10 Fitbit App. And please continue to let us sync from a Windows 10 PC - we don't all have smartphones or tablets.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NoUserNamesLeftthanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see keep using Window 10 devices to sync with Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

spursman
First Steps
Make watches compatible with the windows app as well as smartphones as they used to be or you will lose potential customers like me who dont have a smartphone.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @spursman, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see support for Windows 10 devices again.This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Fails
Jogger
I understand Fitbit no longer performs Windows 10 Firmware updates for older devices and has never offered it for newer devices.This effectively has now rendered the app worthless for anyone without a smartphone. I no longer receive low battery warnings, sleep summaries, daily totals, weekly activity stats etc.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Fails, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to get support for Fitbit Charge 2 on Windows 10 app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Quix
First Steps
All existing Fitbits should be made retroactively PC compatible and all new devices should be PC compatible.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Quix, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to sync via computer. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

missb.aust
First Steps
Make Versa2 compatible with Windows 10.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @missb.aust, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to sync your Versa 2 with Windows 10. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

FidRewe
Base Runner
Windows 10 support should be re-established for the new generations of fitbit devices and customers should be able to rely that their fitbit devices will continue to work on Windows devices in the future.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FidRewethanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of adding new generations of Fitbit devices to be supported with Windows 10 software or app, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. This helps to keep the forums more organized. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

Hartgh
Recovery Runner

It seems like a no brainer to allow devices to sync directly to a Win 10 device, instead of requiring only a few select devices are compatible. Why not make your devices sync with ALL popular devices???

Furthermore, if you're not going to do that, how about telling us ahead of time that you have limited sync capability....before we buy it???

Moderator Edit: Formatting

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Hartgh, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to sync all our Fitbit devices with a Windows 10 device with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. To find more details about what platforms are compatible with our Fitbit devices, please click here or check the User Manual of each Fitbit device. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

ktkb
Jogger
Being able to sync via bluetooth to the already existing Windows Fitbit app, as you used to be able to do with previous fitness tracker models (it is rather backwards to REMOVE a feature versus adding more features used?) It was a plus that it sank via bluetooth and you didn't even need to plug in the device to a port!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ktkb, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to sync via Bluetooth with Windows using the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.