Allow to enter decimals when logging/editing distance on Fitbit app

Bug:
* Android app, latest version.
* Edit exercise from today that I recorded via my fitbit device.
* Change distance from 3.53 km.
* backspace to 3.5, validation error "Enter a valid distance"
* put it back to 3.53, same error
* 3., same error
* 3 passes validation

I have restarted my fitbit device and uninstalled and restarted my phone.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

9 Comments
Divad51
Jogger
I can now only enter the distance I swim in either whole kilometres/miles and/or centimetre/ feet. The app will no longer accept a decimal fraction such as 1.25 Km. Instead you would have to enter 12500 cm. Who in heavens name measures the distance they swim in centimetres or the distance they run in feet.
PJ56
First Steps

Prior to the app update swim distance could easily be added in metres, now full kilometres only - making this feature unusable.

Divad51
Jogger

Thanks for that, it's not just me then.  Could someone explain why no one from Fitbit/Google has responded to this obvious flaw or are we just talking to thin air?

LexiPawz
Jogger
Invalid distance error whenever I use a decimal place in treadmill/bike logged exercise - may be the case for other activities as well.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @oninojudo, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to enter decimals when logging/editing the distance of an exercise log with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

oninojudo
Jogger

It looks like the moderator munged two separate bug reports here.  There's one bug with distance validation with a decimal, and there's a complete separate bug with saved values for both duration and distance immediately getting reverting post-save.  Squished together like this it makes no sense, nor does the edited title make any sense. 

oninojudo
Jogger

Here's the original text:

edit exercise activity distance validation bug

Bug:

* Android app, latest version.

* Edit exercise from today that I recorded via my fitbit device.

* Change distance from 3.53 km.

* backspace to 3.5, validation error "Enter a valid distance"

* put it back to 3.53, same error

* 3., same error

* 3 passes validation

I have restarted my fitbit device and uninstalled and restarted my phone.

MsAnne
First Steps

I would like to be able to log my distance on the treadmill with decimals, not only whole numbers. IE: when I walk 1½ miles, I want to be able to input 1.5, not 1 or 2

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MsAnne, thanks for sharing this product feedback about being able to log your exercise distance with decimals on the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.