Allow us to reorder exercises on Charge 6

It is great having access to all exercise shortcuts on the Charge 6, however I would like to be able to choose the ones that appear in the first 6.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
27 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DavidNS, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to reorder the list of exercises on your Charge 6 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Jsrindy
First Steps

The new Charge 6 comes with the list of exercises on the tracker and then a "More" to select other exercises. For most people, we only use the same 4-5 exercises on a consistent basis. This creates a lot of unnecessary scrolling (eg Spinning which is near the bottom). Old versions let us reorganize the shortcut list. Please bring that back.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Legion4890
Jogger

Charges 1-5, all had exercise shortcuts, the code already exists, it should be easy to add. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jsrindy, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about allowing to reorganize the the Exercise app list on Charge 6 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

ResearchDevelop
First Steps

I 100% agree that ease of exercise selection is one of the most important features for a fitness tracker. Please help put the feature back as soon as possible. Thank you!

mikey_pdx
Tempo Runner

@LizzyFitbit - should this https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Able-to-customize-Exercise-app-list-on-Smartwatches...  be merged here? Or are they dissimilar enough to keep separate?

PerfectBlue
Strider

1000 times this.

I'm having to scroll past skiing, snowboarding and skating, in order to get to the thigns that I actually need.

I only use 3, everything else is in the way. I could do this on my Charge 2, but not appartly on my brand new charge 6. Features are going backwards?

Arno7
First Steps

What's more: the order or apps in the first place. Too many swipes requires to get to where you want from the home screen. Such an easy way to improve UX. 

chrissy1987
Recovery Runner

On charge 6 there is an only a selection of workouts. There isn’t meditation for example or tabatha.

On older Fitbit I used to just choose one similar and then change/amend the exercise. I now can’t see the function to do this!!!!

jdh5484
Jogger

I agree on this. Choosing which exercises appear and in which order is important. I do a lot of different exercises to mix things up, but only on a week by week basis. Not having this feature is almost a no-go. I just upgraded from the charge 5 and was shocked that this feature is no longer available. 

Janeksv
Jogger
There is no available to change workout order on the Charge 6 device either on the app or on dashboard. That's what Fitbit support team member told me.
GBinIrvine
First Steps

I agree with the others. Stop the scrolling madness! My Charge 4 enabled me to control the order of exercise types. Why did Charge 6 take us backward?

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Janeksv, thanks for sharing this product feedback about being able to reorder the Exercise app list on your Charge 6 with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

coreydwillis
First Steps

It's very silly to require swiping through a long list of items you'll never use when we should be able to customize the order from the FitBit app. This would make it much more convenient for quickly starting a handful of routines we use.

Celeste-14
Jogger

I totally agree.  I don't do any of the default top few exercises.  I want swimming to be easily selected, as it was on my Charge 5.  It is absolutely incomprehensible why Fitbit are taking backwards steps on new versions.

JustMe123456
First Steps

Removing possibility to select favourite exercises is a TERRIBLE choice for "improvement". Such downgrade pushes me to start considering choosing your competition. Please bring it back

Amylouhop
First Steps
Previously before the app update and with my old charge 3, you could reorder the exercises through the app for display on your watch.

I can no longer do this as every exercise is just listed in the watch, which in theory sounds great as previously you could only have 6 but as someone who’s main activities are walking and yoga this is bad.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Amylouhop, thanks for sharing this product feedback about being able to reorder the exercises on the Charge 6 with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

OceanTide210
Jogger

PLEASE PLEASE bring back the ability to reorder the exercises on the Charge 6!  Yoga, which is a daily routine for me is at the bottom of a time consuming scroll through exercises that have nothing to do with me!!  Thank you in advance for your speedy update to this problem! 

PeggyeG
First Steps

This is something I also used for my Charge 5. I just received a replacement for a defective Charge 5 and the exercises have been reset and I can't reorder them. This is EXTREMELY annoying, to the point that I am rethinking my purchase.

OceanTide210
Jogger

I had just received my new Charge 6 when I posted my comment to the board, but now, after actually using the exercise, I have found that the exercises I am using are right on top, then the exercises I have not used are below and in alphabetical order.  I am very happy with the way the exercises are working.

Kewob
First Steps

I really need this. I came from the Inspire HR and even there it was possible to sort the exercises. I don't run, I usually only bike and swim and I hate to scroll to oblivion to select the swimming option.

alanathome
First Steps

I do agree, messing with my new charge 6 is a bit fiddly, anything to simplify its usage would be good. The default exercise is running, I have bad knees for running so I would prefer weights for my default please.

molliesellenjon
First Steps

I agree with what's already been said. I'd like this to be customizable. Very short sighted to remove that feature.

MTjenny
First Steps

Agree with all the above comments. With my previous Charge 3, I could select yoga right off the top without needing glasses. I missed the first few poses in yoga tonight trying to scroll down to find it at the bottom. I ended up logging under aerobics instead.  Nice to have the option of all the different exercises but I rarely do most of them. Please bring back the ability to select our top five or so!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.