Allow to stream Premium videos on Roku

I would like to be able to use the features of my Fitbit app, specifically the videos in the Discover section on my Fire Stick. There is so much functionality that I don't use simply because I cannot use it on my TV.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Bradcore, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to stream Premium videos on Roku with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might also be interested in this other suggestionWatch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Bradcore
Recovery Runner

I'm just noticing this cut off my subject line. It should say, "Allow to stream premium videos on Roku and Firestick."

Bradcore
Recovery Runner

Cancelled my Premium. Allow me to use the premium service on my Firestick and I'll likely sign back up.

MomasaurusRex
Jogger

The videos are worthless unless I can cast to my Roku from my android.  I'll be canceling premium aftervthectrial unless FitBit can create a casting solution.

UsernameTina
First Steps

Agree -- who wants to look at a tiny screen while working out? This should be an option to watch on Roku

AJ_Skipius
First Steps

I agree with the previous users on this thread and similar ones I've seen.  The workouts are virtually worthless if they can only be used on the phone.  A tiny screen is very difficult to follow any real activity, let alone see if you are getting your form right.  (and if Fitbit folks are seriously trying to coach us I suspect they'll agree form is important for many reasons)

I signed up for a year of Premium when my trial ended assuming this functionality was there and I just hadn't figured it out yet since I've lost some of my tech-savvy over the years.  Now that I realize it's not and that Fitbit doesn't sound to keen on rectifying it as of yet, this may affect my next not only subscription decision but device purchase.

This lack of functionality that many other modern apps would provide makes it feel like they're just there to be an advertising gimmick to get people to first sign up for premium.  Thank goodness many folks are out there putting stuff out on YouTube, I just assumed Fitbit's videos would be better since you're attempting to attach a value to them.

Stylishboots
First Steps

Agree with all of the above. It’s ridiculous this hasn’t been resolved yet, and that I even have to say that trying to work out in sync with my PHONE screen isn’t acceptable when I’m paying for a service. At least make the casting reliable, instead of failing after 2 seconds, if that’s all we’re going to get. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.