Allow to sync with Calm app

I already use Calm app for meditation and would like to sync that app with Fitbit or have Fitbit allow us to manually track when we meditate.
6 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly.

You can also check these other suggestions: Ability to log Meditation and Meditation Tracker within the Fitbit app.

Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Marie_Hgl
Recovery Runner
Calm is a huge app with many meditations. While wonderful that Fitbit has meditations as well, they are limited. It would be great if the Calm app could be integrated with Mindfulness, complete with tracking your heart rate.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mortonboots, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to sync with Calm app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly.

I hope to see you around.

MichaelJO
Base Runner
Please log Mindfulness sessions from the Calm app. I would have up-voted the existing feature request for this but it is locked.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MichaelJO. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to log your mindfulness sessions from the Calm app to the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We have left voting open, so click on the thumbs-up to show your support!

Status changed to: Released (Premium)
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this suggestion is released on Fitbit Premium, our new health and fitness subscription service. You'll have access to 30 pieces of Calm which will count towards your weekly mindfulness goal.

@anectar, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! We have also given you access to Fitbit Premium so that you can explore and enjoy this suggestion.

Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.