Allow us to edit exercise details w/o reverting on Fitbit app

When I try save an edit to either duration or distance of an exercise session in the Android app, the save button appears to work, the updated data briefly flashes on the session information screen, then reverts to the automatically recorded data.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

5 Comments
Dab-123
Base Runner
For years now people have been complaining about the fact that though the app gives you the option to change the distance, it keeps reverting back. This would not be the nuisance it is if it were not also the case that stride calculation is wildly inaccurate--it gave me the pace of a 70 year old!

oninojudo
Jogger

Other original text:

fitbit edit exercise activity save bug

Bug:

* Android app, latest version.
* Edit exercise from today that I recorded via my fitbit device
* Change duration from 34 to 31 minutes (same behavior for change distance)
* Hit save
* The screen may briefly show 31 but almost immediately reverts back to 34

I have restarted my fitbit device and uninstalled and restarted my phone.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @oninojudo, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about allowing you to edit exercises without reverting back on the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SPGmd
Strider

I made a similar request. This was able to be done in the previous version of the app prior to the oct update. It seems like we are supposed to still have this funciton but it does not work properly. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Dab-123, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to edit your details without getting them reverted on the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.