Enable Fitbit studio to create apps/clock faces for Charge 6

Since you control all what is allowed as clocks/faces on this device, consider offering more choices and or customization. The charge 6 is already severely held back with no 3rd party allowed by choice. Clocks would be a nice compromise for this little device don't you agree? Such a small change would help keep the customers too.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

5 Comments
reasonrunner
First Steps

Can Inspire 3 clock face options be made available on the Charge 6? The default on the Inspire is very clean and simple. The Charge 6 clock faces are frankly not something I would want seen in at work, limiting the watches utility.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi there, @exzl. Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that some of the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

You also had shared a unique product feedback, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable, and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

dk865
First Steps
There should be a way to use a face designer to make your own face on a Fitbit Charge 6, or submit their own to the app for others to use.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @dk865, thanks for sharing this product feedback about being able to design your own clock face for your Charge 6 with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

cat139lyleb
Jogger

Dear Fitbit Team,

I'm writing to express my concern about the limited options available for customizing clock themes on Fitbit devices. While I appreciate the existing options, I believe there's potential for significant improvement that would benefit both users and Fitbit itself.

Accessibility and Choice:

As someone with [mention your specific vision needs, e.g., difficulty seeing certain colors], I find many current clock themes difficult to read. Allowing greater customization, particularly through features like adjustable fonts, colors, and layouts, would significantly improve accessibility for users with various vision needs. Additionally, many users, myself included, simply prefer more design options to personalize their Fitbit experience.

Proposed Solutions:

Curated Third-Party Themes: Consider partnering with select developers to offer a curated selection of third-party clock themes that meet strict privacy and security standards. This would provide users with more diverse options while ensuring data protection.

User-Created Themes with Accessibility Features: Explore the possibility of allowing users to create their own clock themes, with built-in accessibility features like adjustable fonts and color contrast options. This could empower users and cater to specific needs, especially for those with vision impairments.

Benefits for all:

Increased customization options would not only improve user satisfaction and accessibility but also potentially attract new customers seeking a more personalized experience. Additionally, user-created themes could foster a vibrant community of creators and contribute to the overall Fitbit ecosystem.

Privacy and Security Considerations:

I understand the importance of protecting user privacy and data security. Any proposed solutions should prioritize these aspects through measures like rigorous developer vetting, limited data access for third-party apps, and straightforward user controls over data sharing.

Thank you for considering my suggestions. I believe that by working together, we can find solutions that enhance the Fitbit experience for all users while upholding privacy and security principles.

Sincerely,

James Williams ( cat139lyleb )

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.