Amazon Echo UK - Alexa skill

Dear Fitbit,

I'd love to see the US Alexa skill ported over to the UK. It's a shame it's missing from the UK Skills store. I'd love to be able to quiz Alexa about my steps and floors climbed each day.

Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

23 Comments
danieljaymes
First Steps

Can you enabled the Amazon Echo skill for Fibit for UK users?

aluncm
First Steps

Just bought and echo dot in the UK and it's very good but would love to have the Fitbit skill available ... when is it coming to us here in the UK?

kmlooi
First Steps

Likewise, I would love to see the Fitbit skill available for the Echo in the UK too.

crowland26
First Steps
Any news on the Alexa UK skill ?
igalonso
First Steps

+1 on this. Please implement it on UK

ichabod72
Jogger

I have just bought an Echo and keep reading that Fitbit is now a skill but it doesn't appear to have been added to the UK. Anyone have any news or read anything about when it will be? would be a skill I used a lot more than checking on American 'Football' teams, for sure!

moose1036
Jogger

....and me, cannot see why it canot just be ported over to the UK

Rylan
Base Runner

I was amazed by this since it's an advertised feature on the Amazon Echo page. Clearly it's there. It just isnt a UK feature.

moose1036
Jogger

Been in touch with FITBIT and this is part of the transcript

Joel (‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2016‎ ‎19‎:‎47‎:‎30): We do not handle information on availability directly, as this is all up to Amazon. As our partners, they are the ones who select to which population the app will be available for.
Joel (‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2016‎ ‎19‎:‎48‎:‎34): Nevertheless, we are always striving to expand our compatibility list and the regions that our services reach
Me (‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2016‎ ‎19‎:‎49‎:‎01): So are you telling me that the app is completely compitable with the UK, and would work perfectly well over here in the UK?
Joel (‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2016‎ ‎19‎:‎50‎:‎19): What I am telling you is that the application is compatible with Fitbit. Nevertheless, you do need to be in America for it to work. So as soon as Amazon allows UK accounts to make use of this partnership, you will be able to use it.
Me (‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2016‎ ‎19‎:‎52‎:‎56): Ok, thanks, think I have my answer!! Next stop Amazon!!

carbur27
Jogger
I really need Alexa to work with Fitbit in UK. Am disabled and so much easier to speak thsn type and see small screens.
carbur27
Jogger

I am disabled, and it would really help me to talk to Alexa instead of fiddling on my tiny phone screen. It says in the manual how to connect to fitbit and then on phoning was told it is not in the UK! Why? Please hurry and do it

carbur

moose1036
Jogger

Amazon are the sticking point, you all need to write/complain to them. I did and got this reply

I understand that you would like to have "FITBIT" skill on Alexa. I completely agree with you!! It would be a great feature, Echo device supporting FITBIT skill as it would enhance over all customer experience.

I do understand that the skill is available in US on the Alexa app.

As the device was recently launched in UK, we are yet to make many improvements on our device.

This is exactly what we are looking from our customers to help with the evolution of Amazon Echo, as we are continuously making improvements to your product experience based on the feedback we receive.

I'd like to inform you that this has been reported to our technical team and we're working hard to bring out this feature as a part of our next software update in UK too.

To make things right, I've forwarded your suggestions to the Amazon Echo Development Team for consideration to add this feature to Alexa in future.

They shall surely look into this matter and shall come up with the possible options available. As you might have noticed, we are carefully reviewing potential features to add to the Echo in the upcoming months.

Since we can fix this through software updates, to ensure the appropriate department know about this, I've forwarded your comments as feedback to our Echo development team for review and consideration. I'm sure that they'll carefully look into this and take necessary actions.

Please be assured, once we made any improvements in our next updates, we'll try to notify you through the best medium of notification via software updates.

For the meantime, please extend with us your patience and understanding while we work on this.

Your feedback and suggestions are very important for us to make sure we improve the product where it lacks or to be rectified so that, it gives better performance to our Alexa customers so that you may make the best use of it enjoy it to the utmost.

Please be assured, once the feature is implemented or any improvements made in our next updates, we'll try to notify you through the best medium of notification via software updates.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us and letting us know what you want to see on your Alexa device and what we can do to improve it.

Thank you for being the most valued customer to Amazon. We look forward to seeing you soon.

carbur27
Jogger
thanks for that. i was in touch eith amazon but didnt get such a
satisfying result.
Carol
moose1036
Jogger

Fitbit now links in to Echo....just added it and it works... just remember to use the phrase "Alexa.... ask fitbit" then add what you want to know, i.e "ask fitbit how many steps I have done"

Moose

carbur27
Jogger
thanks so much.
kmlooi
First Steps

Great news indeed. Guess next thing to ask for is the ability to link to more than one Fitbit account (or my other half will be less than entirely impressed!).

moose1036
Jogger

IFTTT also now works ... https://ifttt.com/amazon_alexa

aluncm
First Steps

Yes, implemented and very good. Now my wife is upset as she can't use it with her Fitbit! Any cahnce this can be extended to multiple accounts????

kmlooi
First Steps

I certainly hope so!

moose1036
Jogger

Well the US version doesn't do multiple accounts so for now I think that will be a "no"

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

moose1036
Jogger

REALLY!!! It's taken you 2 years to put this! Unbelievable!Smiley Frustrated

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this suggestion will be released on the new Versa 2

Enabled by Fitbit’s first on-device microphone, Versa 2 is the first Fitbit smartwatch with Alexa Built-in, taking Alexa out of your home and onto your wrist to help support your active lifestyle, like starting a Fitbit Exercise on-wrist, finding the nearest gym, even learning the caloric value of an avocado. Alexa responds to voice commands on Versa 2 with discreet, silent on-screen text responses. With just a press of a button, speak into the microphone to use Alexa skills on Versa 2 for added convenience wherever you are. Alexa can also help with everyday tasks on-the-go, like setting alarms and timers, checking the local weather and news, controlling your smart home devices, and much more through the sound of your voice. If you have an Android phone, you can also use the new on-device microphone to reply to texts and notifications from the wrist.

@SunsetRunner, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.