Answer/ reject calls by versa through headset

We (android users) need the phone feature on versa like IOS users have. It will be fair enough if we can answer/ reject calls by versa through headset connected. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Munira, great idea. I'm sure this would be useful for lots of customers. Thanks for sharing your idea and for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

Jayelo
Pace Setter

Yes, I would like this answer/ reject call feature on my versa for my android. I don’t understand why iPhone users have this capability and not android. Other smart phone watches have this feature for android users why not Fitbit??

Real0sasquatch
First Steps

Are there any plans to add this ? 

Catgirl9
First Steps

Andriod users pay just as much for our smartwatches as Iphone users, we should have the same features they enjoy, like the ability to answer or reject phone calls.

bastens.com
First Steps

I like the idea of long battery life in a smartwatch. The Versa has a lot of capability but I would like the ability to reply to a text or answer phone call.

the trick is to not add power hungry hardware and software at a cost of battery life. there is a way to do this with simple technology of old school Bluetooth headset.

the idea is that using an old Bluetooth headset hardware the complexity is passed on to the phone by a simple audio stream. imagine with a press of the call button activates Google assistant or Apple Siri on your phone by having bluetooth heaset hardware in the Versa. so now when you see a text notification you can use the call button to reply within Bluetooth range of your phone. or answer a phone call.

the great thing is Bluetooth headsets don't take much electricity nor hardware space.

keep in mind by adding quick access to Google assistant or Apple Siri you can access many other functions such as home automation, weather, tasks, calendar, web searches, and so on.

let's make this happen and give it a thumbs up

cheers!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.