Anti Nap Feature

Since Fitbit can track sleep status it would be easy for it to wake me up when it senses I have fallen asleep on the couch. It would be great to have an Anti Nap mode that would do this for me.
7 Comments
MeOlso
First Steps

Yes, that would be great! When I fall asleep on the couch while watching TV in the evening it really screws up my sleep cycle.  Whens its time to go to sleep at my normal time I have a really hard time falling asleep.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MeOlso, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to receive an alert to avoid falling asleep in wrong places. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

ItWit
Recovery Runner

This is a bit of a feel good exercise for FitBit.

Please publish a list of suggestions you have actually taken up......

Two years ago I posted a suggestion and it has had many like but no action what is the point if FitBit is not going to do anything.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Hi @ItWit please scroll to the bottom of the page and filter by released

You may be referring to this suggestion to interface with a blood pressure monitor. 

Fitbit did not have, and still doesn't have the option to save blood pressure readings. So I'm not surprised that Omron hasn't decided to link up with Fitbit. 

When or if Fitbit adds the ability to record Blood Pressure, a third party app like Omron will be able to link up with Fitbit. 

ItWit
Recovery Runner
Mate this site is a feel good thing for FitBit they don't actually take any
notice of what you post or the suggestions herein. This has been up on the
site for more than two years and not one contact from FitBit themselves.
Last time I looked there were about 200 people in favour of the idea and it
would not be difficult to achieve believe me if you only had access to their
code.

Omron puts out a file that contains the information but getting it into
FitBit's system is the problem.

My FitBit is due for an upgrade soon so I will be looking at all offerings
next time round. My health is actually quite important too me since I am
now 74 and would not hesitate to pay for a device that achieved some
relationship between Blood Pressure and other things like sleep etc.

Brian
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Hi @ItWit please look at the top of this page, currently their are 40 people who have voted, not 200. 

Fitbit usually doesn't look at a suggestion until it hits around 600. 

This suggestion was also only suggested a week ago, which explains the low vote count. 

This list can be filtered to see suggestions that gve been released of which their is about 18 pages. 

AlQuam
First Steps

This would be a simple yet profound feature. This is the single greatest disrupter to my sleep schedule. Please consider this.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.