App for Surface RT

Please release a full app for Surface RT, including the ability to sync.

Moderator Edit: Updated label

11 Comments
Michael
5K Racer

They have released a Windows 8/8.1 App which works on the Surface RT and supports syncing. (Though I'm not sure it is available outside the US.)

DJayne
Base Runner

Michael - I found a Fitbit app for Surface RT (as opposed to the Surface Pro). It doesn't support sync. In fact, it's almost a complete waste as not only does it not sync, it doesn't even let you log anything. Where did you find one that does? Thanks!

DJayne
Base Runner

Yes - I am in the U.S., and my Surface RT is running Windows 8.1 for RT.

Michael
5K Racer

Yeah, it doesn't currently let you log anything but it says it supports syncing. (Though you have to use their supplied dongle.) I haven't tried the syncing yet myself.

DJayne
Base Runner

Aha... Yes, I see that in the app description now. I've tested it and it doesn't work. I added the dongle. No joy.

Closed and re-opened the app. No joy.

Shut down the Surace, waiting a minute, then restarted it. No joy.

I says it syncs, but it doesn't appear to work.

Michael
5K Racer

It doesn't work for me either. What kind of Fitbit do you have? I contacted support and they said it only supports the BT enabled ones. (So not the Classic or Ultra.)

DJayne
Base Runner
The One. That it needs a BT enabled Fitbit seems to contradict the requirement to use the dongle. I've paired my One to my Surface RT. Let's see what happens.
DJayne
Base Runner
Which made no difference at all. Had one of those "doh!" moments. The dongle is probably BT.
DJayne
Base Runner
Got it working! Thanks, Michael, for your responses, which helped get me pointed in the right direction. I finally found the last bit (how to manually force a sync) in the One help on the Fitbit website. The trick is to install the Fitbit App, attach the dongle to the Surface RT, open the app. It should find your One. To get sync to work, swipe from the right to show the menu, choose Settings > Devices > Sync now to force a sync. Do NOT pair your One with the Surface through the Bluetooth settings. That apparently conflicts with the dongle.
SandraM
First Steps

Thanks for the information. Yay! I got my RT to sync! Chromebook is another matter. I'll see how it does with sleep logging over the next few days.

Status changed to: Released
FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.