Delete food plan and other items

We need the ability to delete a food plan, or at least be able to disable it once its setup. In general the app lacks the ability to delete all items (steps, messages, water, sleep etc)<br><br>I love the device and like to play and try the different features but now that I've activated some of them I want to disable/delete them until I'm ready to use them.<br><br>

39 Comments
GatesForShort
Jogger

I agree that the ability to delete in the food section as much in the app as the website would be handy.

HOLDENA1
Recovery Runner

Yes, I agree with this.  The Android app is great with the exception of being able to delete/amend food and water without having to go online to your actual dashboard.  This feature on the app would be very helpful! 

@Marc_I wrote:
We need the ability to delete a food plan, or at least be able to disable it once its setup. In general the app lacks the ability to delete all items (steps, messages, water, sleep etc)<br><br>I love the device and like to play and try the different features but now that I've activated some of them I want to disable/delete them until I'm ready to use them.<br><br>

PurpleMartin
Keeping Pace

I'm having fun with the Flex (have had it about a month now) but have run into a deal-breaker—that is, if it can't be fixed it's irritating enough for me to leave Fixbit and go to one of their competitors (and certainly tell my friends and colleagues why).

I've been entering a continuing record of current weight, which the app appropriately graphs as a simnple line chart. Today, while exploring features, I lost that ability.

How? To see what would happen, I entered a weight goal in addition to current weight (they happen to be identical). That suddenly changed my weight record to a display that I'm .02% above or below a goal, without showing what either that weight or goal might be.

Since that just takes space without being remotely useful, I tried to drop back to original state of no weight goal entered and discovered that wasn't possible (confirmed that in the help forums—other people share the aggrevation). This is fairly ridiculous, as a simple reset to original default state is both obvious and trivial (only slightly more effort would be using a checkbox with question "Enter a goal weight?").

I've just removed the tile from my dashboard since it no longer has any functionality. I would prefer to have it back, showing the last entered weight and line graph as before.

By the way, this 'reset to default' should be a standard feature in several other settings too, including the food plan. I don't want a food plan either, but I'm stuck with the entry now (though that's  not as irritating as the weight goal, as I didn't have that on my dashboard in the first place).

So suggestion is, always have a 'reset to original default state' for every entered setting. But please get to the 'goal weight' fix first.

panzmich
Jogger

I agree with everyone else.  I tryed the food plan but I perfer using only myfitnesspal.  I want to delete the food plan but cannot.  Please let us know when that is possible.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Thanks for this feedback! We'll be sure to pass it along to our team. 

Natalie2516
Jogger

I want to delete food plan and weight goal....not able to do either.

sah408
First Steps

I want to change or delte my Food Plan - should be a simple fix.....NOT SO MUCH!  If there is a way to delete would love to know what it is.

libinbin
Jogger

Hi Sirs,

I totally agree with others.

And i found this reqest started before 1 year ago.

Please help to add this function.

I really want to delete my old food plan without creating a new one....

Please~~~~~~~~

fridgek321
First Steps

Would like to see this feature to delete a meal plan available. I was playing around with the watch and actually not interested in tracking my food intake and would like that feature to be cleared out. I see this has been requested over a yr ago. Any progress on this request?

lizalex
Jogger

I would like to be able to delete the food plan 

please help 

Billybob1
First Steps
Please let us delete food plan until we actually want it!!! Too much trouble since I maintain desired weight and exercise regularly . wbchapmansr@bellsouth.net
katiemblake
First Steps

I am genuinely concerned that the food plan is not a feature that I am able to disable.  I accidentally started it when fidding with the feature.  I do not like it. I find it distracting and more likely to keep me from my goals than help me obtain them.  Why was this comment posted over 2 years ago and this is still not resolved?  Please listen to even the minority of voices on this one!  We need you to hear!

Tsquared
Jogger
Please add the ability to delete food plans. I have a charge hr. Please
HS_86
Stepping Up

I love my Fitbit. But as some of the other users have said, I like to play around and give things a go to see whether they suit me or not. As the original poster, Marc_I said, I tried out Food Plan to see if its something I would use and enjoy, but it just messed everything up that I liked and how I was using my Fitbit dashboard. I much prefer to see when I'm under my calories, in the zone or over according to calories eaten VS calories burned, NOT according to the food plan recommendation. 

I think there are many of us who want to be able to delete our food plans instead of being stuck with them like some kind of trap once we try it out and discover that feature is not for us. 

Also would like to be able to delete steps and floors too rather than having to remember times to be able to negate those steps and floors. 

Hopefully this is something that will happen with the next firmware upgrade otherwise I may start looking around at other fitness trackers.

Ben4885
Jogger
How has this still not been implemented yet?! Absolutely ridiculous that you can't disable a simple feature. Sort it out.
Ann.L
First Steps

Like the others I tried this to see what it did and I might use it in the future, but right now as I'm starting out it's more frustrating than helpful because I am not yet actually trying to meet those goals.  I have my Food Log up during the day for quick tracking and having the Food Plan section in the middle is frustrating and annoying.  Please let us delete it or hide it everywhere.

I've tried setting my own calorie target and nothing happens, it just vanishes.

Edit: I was able to make it go away and delete it.  When I removed the Calories In vs Out panel from the Dashboard I was given the option to delete the Food Plan.

Kellyf86
First Steps
Yes! I accidentally set a food plan and hate having it now. I would love to be able to remove it
Kellyf86
First Steps
Ann L how did you get it to delete?
Telsbit
First Steps
I just bought my Fitbit Blaze today and was playing with the settings and set up a food plan as a test and now I'm really irritated that I can't just delete it. Worse still is that it's clearly something people have been asking for, for two years! Had a nightmare with the Bluetooth music control, so at this rate I may just return it before my 45 day promise is up!
Telsbit
First Steps
Actually, I don't know how I did it but the diet plan has gone! I went into it to set it there was a delete option, which there isn't, and just left it as though I were trying to modify it and now when I look at my daily tracker it has as option to set a diet plan again, like before I originally made one as a test..
Lyndzey08
First Steps
I agree with everyone else on this. We should be able to delete a food plan. I set it up accidentally while learning how to use it. It's super irritating and distracting. It shouldn't be that difficult to input a 'cancel food plan' button. Thanks!
mattThat
First Steps

The iOS App allows you to remove Weight Goal and remove Body Fat Goal.  For consistency purposes as well as to address the fact that you're locking people into your Food Plan mechanism, Food Plan's should be removable goals.  This is ridiculous.  I called support and used Live Chat, neither were able to help - in fact they only did more damage deleting my logged food and weight goal.

This should be addressed in the next release.

Dougcom00
Jogger

I also would like the option to turn off the food plan part. I really like the Fitbit, but weight is not a concern, and the food/calories info just clutters up and complicates the display.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released here in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

marks95
Stepping Up

We should be able to remove the food plan, I accidentally added this and now I can't see my calories in and out accurately without fitbits annoying plan that automatically takes off 250kcals. Support were also unable to remove it. So frustrated I might even start a new account.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.