Apple Music app for Versa 3 and Sense

Similarly to how Pandora, Deezer, or Spotify are available to use already, Apple Music would make a great edition for Versa 3 and Sense devices

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

11 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @nxomsa, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having an Apple Music app available for Versa 3 and Sense with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

carleeh
Jogger

This! I was so disappointed to find that I couldn’t stream music anymore while listening to a guided walk or run once FitStar was gone. I have Apple Music and would love to be able to use it while I walk or run! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Not only the apple music but also choise ot other music apps. 

Grm12
Jogger

I have this same idea! I am subscribed to Apple Music and don’t want to pay for deezer or pandora. I would love it if Fitbit added this feature!

NazH
Recovery Runner
Make Apple music available for Sense.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NazH, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use Apple music with Fitbit Sense. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

GreenStoneWall
Recovery Runner

Currently looking at which device to purchase, and the ability to play my music is a key (but not deciding) factor to me.

I have Apple Music and Amazon Prime so don’t intend to have another music streaming service.

I’ve been looking (last few weeks) at the Sense and Versa 3, as an alternative to Apple Watch, as I also use the Fitbit app (and like using that app) on my iPhone.

I understand the feedback section here helps guide the developers, but I guess the request for Apple Music doesn’t get has many votes here, because people have already made a choice on device based on this factor so don’t need to post or vote here ….. a point worth considering.

A shame Fitbit devices currently don’t support Apple Music, as this would have been a big sway towards a Fitbit device for me.

Jtperkins
First Steps

Yes Fitbit should absolutely add Apple Music support to its devices. Apple has what seems like half of all smartphone users as its base, so, many potential Fitbit customers may be electing to stay within the Apple family by getting an apple watch. However for those who may want a watch with longer battery life and at a nice price, a Versa or Sense is a great option. But Apple Music support could be a deal-breaker for some Apple customers looking at Fitbit devices. I will say, as long as your phone is nearby, you can still control your apple music via the watch, but there is no way to access it directly. So far that has been good enough for me with my Versa 3, but full integration of Apple Music would be ideal! 

Blondi3605
First Steps

My husband and I recently updated our fitbit's to the new Sense. We have been happy with them so far however, we just discovered that the only way we can listen to music is if we buy a pandora, deezer or spotify account. With our old fitbit's we were able to transfer music of our own onto the fitbit. Thus not needing to bring along our cellphone when on a walk/run. Now we have to purchase yet another membership and bring along our phone to use this feature. We do have a membership with Apple Music. It would be helpful if this app were an option so we don't have to purchase yet another membership to something. Had I known this prior purchasing the new Sense, I probably would not have upgraded and will most likely return the new ones since I have to use my phone anyways.Please add Apple Music.

Kneeda
Powerwalker

I already have iTunes. It would be a great help to have my Sense watch play it. As above, the added cost is rediculous.

lobo1983
First Steps

I would love Apple Music, I don’t want to have to pay for another provider when I have an Apple Music account

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.