Aria 2 water and muscle measurement

Much cheaper scales has those features. I think Aria 2 definitely should measure it also. At least a water measurement.

18 Comments
BigDog69
Recovery Runner

Please please please update it to measure hydration percentage.   I just assumed it would have this feature that any $50 scale has .  Is it possible to update the software to allow this ?  Or are we hooped on this . It's painful to have get off my shiny new aria2 to get on my very old but trusty " Bodyweight " " Body fat " and " Hydration % scale. Please respond 

Big dog 

jordanasherrr
Jogger

I 2nd what has already been said

dharmesh89
First Steps

Nokia's smart scales do and they are cheaper than Aria 2 and still as accurate. Feels like the price tag on Aria 2 is con. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Intelijen
First Steps

Just bought the Aria 2 and going to return it due to lack of hydration measurement. At times I retain a significant amount of water (8-15#) which is imperative information. So sad I didn’t realize it sooner. 

Intelijen
First Steps

We need it added quick, but I’m still returning mine. 

crobbins
Recovery Runner

Yeah, this should be added. Cheap scales do this. No reason Aria scales cant. 

Karyn-B
First Steps

Have been researching scales, however really want the hydration levels which Fitbit aria 2 don’t currently have 😞  Is it likely that this feature will be added in the very near future? 

Rburch
First Steps

I was about to buy this scale, but am glad I found this before I did otherwise I would have been very disappointed that the one feature I wanted wasn't included! I just assumed from all the marketing material that this was included in the "and more" as it features on so many other scales (including a $19 one from Kmart!) 

Carl123
First Steps

Status: Reviewed by Moderator.... for how long?!?!? come on... I wish i saw this before i bought mine.... FITBIT listen to your community!! Cheaper scales out there with more BASIC features than the Aria 2 i just purchased.... talk about disappointment.

Do you REALLY want this kind of unhappy clientele purchasing such expensive equipment!? I wish i didn't buy mine now

Freeway_
Recovery Runner

I am looking at upgrading my Aria 1. Aria 2 is not an option as it does not deliver sufficient features. Is an Aria 3 being planned that delivers more statistics and can compete with other scales? If so within a reasonable time frame, I will wait for that to happen.

Carl123
First Steps
I'm hoping the response to this from Fitbit will be "No, but we are upgrading the Aria 2 to provide better functionality, considering the people who have already purchased the scale could have purchased a competitor's product at the same\better price, which far more functionality"

This email and all contents are subject to the following disclaimer:
http://www.sasa.org.za/emaildisclaimer.aspx
Sonya-DJ
First Steps

I've just ordered the Aria - it arrives tomorrow.  It didn't even occur to me that it would not track my hydration.  This is ridiculous.

My previous (very cheap) scale had hydration %.  It makes no sense that the Aria doesn't have this?

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @tompopielarczyk and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience :). To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

dodonohoe
Recovery Runner

I can’t believe the lack of functionality on this scales, some 30£ scales offer much more functions, for a quarter of the price. The reason I purchased as I liked to have everything within one app. I will be moving to a different brand. 

Mishka0007
Recovery Runner

I have been a FitBit User for more than five years now... and I am now considering CHANGING my health tracking device and scale as FitBit has become a LAGGER in technology innovation - especially when it comes to scales.  I see that YOUR Community has been flagging this to YOU FitBit for at least two years... yet you are still taking this "UNDER CONSIDERATION". 

WHEN is Fitbit going to UPGRADE their ARIA scale to what has become BASIC functionalities in readily available scales - at a cheaper price point than FitBit's Aria2.

hikari83
First Steps

I'm a huge fan of Fitbit, thanks to their smart bands (I've bought two models of Charge during the years, and use them continuously since 2015).

But sadly, I've to say that Fitbit's scale, Aria 2, it's not worth the price...

I've owned a cheaper scale that could measure fat, water and muscle percentages for two years, but I've change it due to it's construction quality and unusable app. So I hope Fitbit will add those feature to Aria 2 not to let me regret my old scale....

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.