Augment Adventure feature

The Adventure feature is a great idea and tool that has a very limited impact due to the minimal adventures you can take. I would like to suggest a few additions or changes

1- Make Adventures for the entire globe, there are hiking maps and trails for most all hiking areas along with detailed geographic data. PCT, Grand Canyon, Appalacian trail along with trails that or near your local vicinity.

2- Use your location to suggest different adventures to try locally, this way you can see if you are up to a hike before actually going out to the trail!

3-add data points for elevation along with distance so you can see if what you are hiking resembles the actual hike for training.

This can be an excellent feature for training and motivation. SImilar things are on stationary bikes and treadmills. This could utilize hiking data for the world and makre more of a universal impact... you could see who hiked what trails and find similar trails based on user likes and dislikes etc... you could like fitbit gps to an actual hike to get even more impactful data... actual hike vs mapped hike... so many amazing things that could be added to this feature... just look at how something Like PokeMonGo has given people extra incentive to move... and that isnt even real!

5 Comments
Jerzy6546
First Steps

Love this idea!! Not everyone lives in Yosemite & NYC. There are FitBitters all over the world.
For FitBit to pick up on location & suggest adventures would be awesome!
Thanks!

Bbruce08
First Steps

Maybe go a bit further.  Through the app we should be able to register data from a walk and the the next time you go for that same walk you get challenged by your own time from the first walk. If your "ghost time is faster than you are currently the fit bit could inform you through a vibration.  Or maybe you go for a run and you start an adventure MODE that plots a situation a A.R. situation for you to conquer.  Out run a bear, flee from counter agents or reach a location before time runs out.  There could be a bunch of different runs that a runner can chose from and these situations could all be alerts from the fit bit device.  

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

KennyM5
First Steps

I would love new destinations challenges like the NYC marathon and Yosemite! I get that the development team is probably a super busy group of people, so what about having a user-submitted feature? Provide a template where people can create their own with the distance,  GPS tagged pics and maybe optional fun facts for the Jewel Challenges. That way the development team doesn't have to create a whole adventure, just review the submissions for appropriate content (and pics) and then make them accessible to all users. I'd love to share my area and the sights along my walks with the world!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.