Automatic Return to clock face after the user looking other screen

I wish the Charge 3 team in charge of the user interface would have looked at the good things the Charge 2 had to offer , and just made it better.

1. Date on clock faces (unbelievable that it was not incorporated from day 1)

2. Automatic Return to clock face after the user looked at information on other screen, instead we have to press the return button all the time we want to return to clock face . It must return automatically after a couple of seconds after the user leaves the C3 alone.

3.Ease of alarm programing . Something is wrong with the alarm setting, as I am unable to set an alarm for the same day at a latter hour , it always programs them for tomorrow. ( What is it that I don't See, it was never a problem on C2) 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

8 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I definitely agree with item two.  It is very frustrating to have to push the button to return to clock face even after waiting many minutes.  The whole purpose of the flick of the wrist is to see the clock not some old notification or whatever was on the screen last.

daveg208
Recovery Runner

This is appalling. 
I have just bought my wife an "upgrade" to the charge 3.
No date on the default clockface.

Alright then, let's use another one.

At this point I discovered that each of the 5 clockfaces looks like the product of a class of 5 year old children.

None of the watch faces have the date included.

Do ANY of the fitbit team actually use these devices ?

I was going to get one of these for myself, but I think I'll stick with my Amazfit BIP thank you.

Rather than a pat on the back, the "design team" needs a clip round the ear.

And, for heavens sake FitBit, get someone to actually test and use a product before releasing it with such a huge fanfare.

This was supposed to be an upgrade from the charge 2, not a backwards step to some cheap knock off replica.

I am NOT happy.

Niki_Rae
First Steps

Also add the ease to start and stop activities in the Charge 2 v the Charge 3. Charge 2 is sooooooo ease....one click BAM. Charge 3, its like a dang maze to get to the "finish". 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Phil64 and commentors! Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here:

You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. I'd like to share with you information on how to set alarms since I think that it is possible to set alarms for the same day. If this is not what you're looking for please repost your idea as individual Feature Suggestions by clicking ‘Add New Suggestion’.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestion

kostax
Base Runner

+1 vote

This feature would be very useful if done correctly. I suggest the menu returns to the clock face screen after 1 minute of inactivity (but should be disabled if you are running an application like exercise, relax, or timer)

M55ikael
Jogger

Very much agree on the automatic return. Almost every time I look at the watch now, I see "No new notifications", goals or the settings screen due to unintended button presses and swipes.

Grumpy
Runner

I agree. I checked the weather then let the screen go black. An hour or so later when I went back it was still on the weather screen. Please let this revert back to the main screen/clock face

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that this has been released on Charge 3. You can find out more here What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? @Phil64, as you've submitted a high quality suggestion that was released, you will now receive a higher voting weight worth 5 votes. Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the community. Please enjoy the new feature!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.