Automatically call 911 on Sense when temperature/heart drop dangerously

Hi, I work as a 112-operator in Europe. (Just like 911 but in the EU). Some time ago we had an 'fall detection alarm' from a smartwatch.
Now with the new Sense it could be lifesaving that, when temperature/heart rate/steps drop dangerously, it automatilcly calls 911. We as 911-operator could then get a unique link to follow the live statistics.
4 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JeroenD, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about automatically call 911 on Sense when temperature and heart rate drop dangerously. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

ElleCeeGee
First Steps

Having an automatic call to 911 when a wearer falls would be invaluable.  I fell recently and had no way to get up and get to cell phone. But I had my Fitbit sense on but since it did not have the feature needed.

Happydancer58
Stepping Up

I have aFiB, would like an alert if my heart goes into AFib. And be able to call for help. I have aFiB, have had 2 cardioversions, & have had a stroke.  My husband is chemo patient, and mostly deaf. I couldn't reach him when I had the stroke. 

I bought Sense to help me with this, not sure it can do what I need. 

Will I get an alert? Will it contact my doctor?

Thanks.

Escapeqnim
First Steps

After my mom passed away my dad was living alone. I bought a Fitbit Sense for him for peace of mind but he didn't want it because there were no 911 features like with the Apple watches. Unfortunately his phone is an Android so we couldn't get him an Apple watch either since they are not compatible with Androids. So, we would LOVE to have emergency features where 911 is called if he falls and if he can dial 911 through the Fitbit Sense for times where he can't reach the phone. Thank you!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.