Band for sensitive skin

I'd love a band for sensitive skin. I can't wear my Fitbit as I get a rash. Could you have another option for bands please

Moderator Edit: Updated label

13 Comments
ChristyDoodle
Runner

My daughter has a nickle allergy and is having issues with the metal from the clasp touching her skin.

Sithmaith1
Strider

http://www.ulta.com/fitness-tracker?productId=xlsImpprod13251245&sku=2294649 seems like a good idea if you are in America.  Unfortunately, they are not available in the UK, otherwise I would be down at the shop right now.  My wrist skin is breaking down.

ChristyDoodle
Runner

I did find these on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZK4ZXNA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

They didn't really help my daughter. We ended up using nail polish on the metal clasp and it seems to be working. (We used to have to do that to the back of the buttons on her blue jeans)

Sithmaith1
Strider

Unfortunately, mine appears to be the band itself, not the metal

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Mr_Mr
First Steps

People who are allergic to Nickle develop a rash on the forarm of the Fitbit because of the Nickle directly touching the skin from the charge port. Redesign the charge port location or upgrade the sensor and add some small padding to prevent more allergic reactions to Nickle. 

Manufacture a strap that doesn't chemically burn people's skin.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @FitbitUser1119. Thanks for explaining why you'd like us to design a Fitbit wristband for sensitive skin available in our Fitbit website. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. That way we can keep this board organized, in addition to clearly understanding which idea other members are voting for. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

LanetteAC
First Steps

I LOVE the idea of redesigning so the charge port does not have direct contact with skin. Moving the port to the side or wireless charging would be amazing!
I had to stop wearing mine because I would get a terrible rash.  I miss wearing it so much.   

DianaStefan92
First Steps

Hello. 

I came here exactly for this proposal. My boyfriend got a fitbit sense and he loves everything that it can do. We chose it especially for the many health tracking options. The problem is that even in clothing we only use 100% cotton with what we buy. We were hoping to be able to make ourselves a cotton bracelet for the smartwatch for him to use but it is proving more difficult the  we were hoping. 

Fitbit is in my opinion the best company when it comes to health tracking. Such a company should also consider making an option of bracelet for clients who have dermatological problems and can only wear a band that is made out of natural materials. 

With his premium account he can learn a lot from the health reports. But that can only happen if his skin allows him to wear it long enough.

I really hope this can happen. We will also contact customer support trough his account to see if there is an option.

Thank you!

Kees90
First Steps

As someone who has a skin problem and gets very iritated skin from the silicon bracelet of the fitbit sense - it would would mean a lot for me for such a feature to be added. I have a premium membership, but i am not sure how much i can make use of it since i can not wear the watch for long periods of time and after I do wear it, my skin needs time to recover. I really hope you can take this into consideration.

Thank you!

Elianen
First Steps

I too have problems wearing fitbits - but not just the band (I found a lovely replacement on Etsy) but again its tge charging point. I end up with a weeping rash on my wrist. I can’t use my fitbit anymore 😞

PLEASE change the charging point. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.