Barclays Bank for Fitbit Pay

I would love to see more banks and credit unions on Fitbit Pay. It’s really not comparable to Apple or Android Pay at this point. Where are Barclays, Citibank, Discover, etc. These are major card issuers that aren’t on Fitbit Pay. Please make more cards available. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

Matt | United States | Texas
Alta HR & Ionic, Aria 2
Fitbit Coach & FitStar Yoga Premium
58 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NewMath! Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here:

Please add your vote to those existing suggestions. You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

LarryQW
Base Runner

I use my JetBlue card for everything while on travel. The JetBlue card is issued by Barclays bank, so I"m sure there's many users who would like and need this capability. 

BitsOfFit
Jogger

I am in the US, but also use a Barclay card (Priceline rewards) for 90%+ of all purchases. The fact that Barclay is not compatible with FitBit Pay means this feature is effectively useless for me.

LarryQW
Base Runner

I did some digging on the web and found the problem is likely Barclay Bank, not Fitbit. Barclay took forever to do a deal with Apple Pay and were one of the last. The problem is that Barclay wants to make their own NFC pay system, and thus doesn't want to give competitors an advantage.

If anyone besides me wants this, you should vote for this up top. Fitbit may have some bargaining to do. I suspect Apple has more market incentive, and yet it was hard for them to deal with Barclay. 

lukelewis001
First Steps

Please add Barclays bank to the list of banks as I bought the special edition to use the payment feature and I cannot use it 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @lukelewis001, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I've moved your post here.

F_Fit
First Steps

Yes, please make it work with Barclays in the UK. I am very pleased with Fitbit’s devises and considering an upgrade to the Ionic. However, inability to pay with Fitbit Pay is a real downside and may tempt me to rival solutions.

LarryQW
Base Runner

I wrote to Barclay's bank about their inability to use Fitbit pay, and got the following response from Barclay's customer service: 

At this time, we would like to explain that we currently offer Apple Pay; however, we are unable to provide information regarding the FitBit mobile payment plans. However, can click on the following link, https://www.fitbit.com/fitbit-pay/banks, for a full list of banks that do support Fitbit Pay.  Please be assured that we continue to explore all mobile payment options. Our goal is to allow you to use your account however you would like. We expect to participate in all of the major digital wallets in the future and aim to do so in a manner that is secure and easy to use for our cardholders. We will provide additional information about timing in the near future. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Note the parts that I highlighted in bold. Barclay's does intend to eventually work with Fitbit and will give some info on timing in the near future. 

Others interested in seeing Barclays (and JetBlue) on Fitbit pay should vote above on this link. Also send an email to Barclay's customer service, You can find their customer service messaging on your credit card web page. 

lukelewis001
First Steps
Thankyou

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Visa and Mastercard should be accepted no matter the maker. Like American Express is. Throw Discover on that too. How can you accept a local credit union credit card over national brands like Barclay or Citi?

Odyssey13
Community Legend

@SunsetRunner   this was posted in June and has received a response from Fitbit's moderator.

Click to go there and vote

Sunshine546
Stepping Up

I support the idea of using Fitbit pay with Barclays. This would be fantastic and is one of the reasons I would be interested in buying the Charge3

Shay1
First Steps

Definitely need Barclays to be compatible.  Crazy that it isn't!! 

LaraJayne123
First Steps

Definitely need Barclays to be compatible. I just bought Charge 3 thinking it would work with a big bank like that. Nope. Please can you provide timelines.

DarbysMom
First Steps

Barclays Bank US services my MasterCard issued by Ameriprise Financial.  Thought it was a no-brainer that the FitBit Pay feature would be enabled with that institution.

Liamhooley1
First Steps

I just bought the Fitbit charge 3 special edition so I could use Fitbit pay but it was a massive let down when I found out Barclays was not connected and it would be much help if Barclays was added

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Liamhooley1 , thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

TanTup1
First Steps

Hi

Do you have an update on Barclays Bank in the UK for Fitbit pay?

I recently bought a Versa SE and would love it if I could use that feature which I currently can’t. 

Thank you

Tania

Tomalyo
Jogger

Please make it happen 

nicoleee.fit
First Steps

The fitbit is part of my everyday life and honestly i think it would be of a huge benefit to be able to use Monzo and barclays or things like this. I am going to still upgrade to the Versa to allow me to keep my fitness goals up and in the hope that barclays and monzo will be added to keep with the times

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I completely agree to this suggestion. Barclays should be a supported bank of Fitbit Pay

Aconitum-n
Jogger

Why on earth is barclays still not on here? It's one of the country's most popular banks! I thought the idea of paying with my fitbit was brilliant, but I'm not changing my bank account of thirty years for it. 

Ade1892
Jogger

Why after users have been asking for years has the UK list of Fitbit pay banks/cards hardly changed? It’s not really good enough. Why add the feature then not support it?

sosot
First Steps

More than a year since being moved to under consideration. Any update?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.