Basal temperature and resting HR on Sense to sync with cycle mapping

Enable the sense Fitbit to take basal temp overnight for accurate fertility charting.
Use resting heart rate for fertility charting.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
27 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @mzlish. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about syncing your basal temperature and resting heart rate on your Sense with your cycle mapping. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Fbitter
Recovery Runner

I doubt it can do an actual, accurate BBT, but with that caveat accepted, it could still be used for cycle tracking (and for thyroid function which I use BBT for) so it would be great if they made their data available to other apps!

AmySP
First Steps

Wrist Skin Temperature (WST) is used by other wearables to track fertility. Evidence is mixed, but recent studies have fpund that surges in WST match ovulation in 82% of the analysed cycles, wich is pretty good. There is already a few products in the market wich use WST for fertility awareness.

I can accept that Fitbit dont have an algorithm like the AVA bracelet for predicting ovulation (despite the Sense having all the sensors it need for this), but at least WST charting and maybe an alarm when the two for six rule its met, should be available to us so we interpret it on our own. Just put a disclaimer on it, I don't care. 

The global fertility services market generated $13,655 million in 2018 and is projected to reach $27,151 million by 2026.  The AVA bracelet cost roughly 300 USD and it is bought by women around the world, JUST for fertility tracking. Fitbit ALREADY has the hardware, it is a big company  so developing the software shouldn't be a problem.

I was personally  considering updating my fitbit to a pricey Sense BECAUSE of the WST sensor, , but after research of how limited and u accesible the wst data is for what I need it, I may have to invest in the AVA or temp drop instead, even if I would much rather get a fitbit that I have multiple uses for than just a temp tracking bracelet, that I wont use unce I get pregnant. I cant afford both, and TTC is rn my priority. Im not the only one, incest in women health and fertility, there is a lot of money in it. 

Buggi
First Steps

The ability to use the sensor data for fertility prediction like the Ava tracker does would be the only reason for me to buy a Fitbit sense! I‘m waiting for this feature since the Sense was launched, since it would be so nice to only need one tracker instead of two for fitness and fertility.

BaNiQ
First Steps

This would be my main reason to get the fitbit versa as well.

Please make it work ASAP! 🙂 

Amywarren33
First Steps

Yes to all the above. Nothing is 100% accurate but with multiple tracking methods it can be pretty close and save a ton of time and money on separate apps for health and fertility. 

Oleon
First Steps

Yes! Please add cycle tracking feature, as the market of natural cycle tracking is growing. I bought Fitbit sense because it tracks temperature and I am trying to make sense out of it's readings, but something more reliable would be great.

Baitmastah
First Steps

I would use this feature daily. Have been using a fertility tracker for over 10 years now. If not the skin temperature feature,  it would be great to add a manual input for basal body temperature. I use Kindara and I would love to be able to either continue using that app on fitbit or switch over to the fitbit app. I have 10 years of data there, though, so additionally it would be great to import old data.

Mandyleeann
First Steps

Yes, please! I would purchase whatever watch came with this feature. Regardless of price!!

mickaiala
First Steps

Yes! I’ll be so excited for this feature. 

Jpp22
First Steps

This would be such a helpful feature please make this data more readily available to users. I absolutely agree with others that right now the fertility tracking features are VERY weak. I would be so grateful for the improvements described.

Junebug82
First Steps

Yes, please! I’d use this daily!

Junebug82
First Steps

Also, I’d like to see an actual temperature, and not just variation.

EMF197
First Steps

Yes! Please! I want this and it is why I got the sense 2. Considering returning because I said it would.have Google assistant and it doesn't as well as I thought.i could see bbt but can't!

LanaA
First Steps

here we are over two years since this question was asked. Apple can do it. My temp drop is a bit temperamental but its been tracking my bbt for quite a few years now and is about ready to be replaced. I was hoping to find an android solution that can do this as well. I had high hopes for you fit bit but you are letting millions of possible customers down. I'm sure if you worked it right you could make it work in the sense 2. Kinda figured you would have but I'm not able to find any info on that.

FranSh
Jogger

The use case is this... I like many other women pay for the NC app but the thermometer doesn't even have a back light on it and the high pitch screech beep is no good if you have a sleeping partner or baby. We need either accurate readings from our wrist, or I'd be happy to purchase a fitbit thermometer which Bluetooths the data straight.

My dream scenario would be... my wrist watch can would do its normal vibrate alarm to wake me up, it turns the back light on the thermometer as a reminder, then when the reading has been taken, a discrete beep (which can be removed down to personsl preferences) is paired with another vibrate alarm on my wristwatch just in case I've dozed off taking my reading. 

NC have now paired with Oura and so there are plenty of us who have invested in fitbit to scoop up NOW IS YOUR TIME FITBIT!

If you don't understand this opportunity I would suggest you do not have enough females in your business and product teams

karllii
Jogger

I’ve been following this topic since 2020 & honestly i’m surprised fitbit has not done this yet. This is a function the sense can already do (not sure what other devices, just a sense user here!) 

I also use Natural Cycles - a cycle tracking software that uses your BBT every morning to help track your cycle. this app has a yearly subscription and has the option to syncwith the Oura ring, why not the sense! It seems silly still taking my temperature with a thermometer every morning when I have a smart watch that has the function to do so on my wrist that could do this so easily & save me the hassle when I forget to measure. I’ve signed up for the fitbit trial on their website at least a year and a half, maybe two years ago. 

Come on fitbit, we’ve been waiting for too long! the technology is there - this would be HUGE for your menstruating users !! 

ShelMac
First Steps

I pay for a tracking app that has me take my temp every morning, much the same as other commenters on this feed. Having a feature to do this on the Fitbit (that I already wear 24/7) would improve my experience greatly!! 

BreeCeron
First Steps

@LizzyFitbit is there an update on this feature?

@karllii where do I sign up to be part of the testing?

I would totally get a Fitbit if it had this feature.  I get my cycle back within a couple months of birth, when my night sleep is still inconsistent due to breastfeeding (which means the thermometer method I used to use would be unreliable).

KatleenR
First Steps

Yes please !!!

Therockyfox
First Steps

Yes please! Make available for Charge 5 as well.

A1atariel
First Steps

I would definitely upgrade my Fitbit if I could use the WST as a BBT accurately. Even if it didn’t auto sync and track and I had to enter it in to a separate app. It would still be a huge benefit and prevent me having to remember to temp every morning. 

DanielleLovesTo
Stepping Up

Even if Fitbit didn't want to go down the fertility route. There is a lot of science behind the period cycle and how it affects athletes's training. As well as other abilities to perform, sleep and moods.

Almost a no brainer for this feature to be added since several of their devices already monitored temperature and in app have a period cycle tracker. 

If they wanted to point out that it's not to be used as an ovulation predictor for legal reasons. That's fine. 

Flor-do-campo
First Steps

Yes! BBT is a necessary women’s health indicator to track, since it points to ovulation events, which means progesterone production. No ovulation = no progesterone = something different is happening and we should know. Please, merge health metrics temperature to the period tracking app, so we can have a better sense of if and when we are ovulating. I use Ovia app, which is very complete, but would be nice if I had all of that in my fitbit app. It would also be useful to have the actual temperature and not just variations, and have the data saved, so you can check previous months. 

Flor-do-campo
First Steps

Adding to my previous answer: BBT is useful for all women, not just people trying to conceive. We need to know if we have a balanced hormone production to know our body is well, and the only way to know if we are making progesterone is by taking BBT each day. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.