Better battery warning on device

It would be great if the device itself warned you of the battery level being low.  I honestly do go a few days without syncing only to find the battery has been dead and I've lost data. A vibrate, flashing warning or something like that like it does when you hit your goal to get your attention would be appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

7 Comments
chief7
First Steps

I fully agree.  I'm always guessing when was the last time I charged it. If a symbol showed up of a low battery, you could see it and plug it in! Or at least know your battery is running low.

ARCinOH
Jogger

There is a battery indicator on the Charge 2. You have to turn it on via the fitbit app though. On iOS app, go to Account > Charge 2 > Menu Items; there should be a battery option. All you have to do is tick it, and it on the next sync, it will have it available on the display.

Sorry, can't help for Android.

beharris
Jogger
Thanks. I have the Charge HR original. As to know they've added it!
Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Status changed to: Third-Party App
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @beharris and commenters, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re excited to let you know that this Feature Suggestion has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches such as Fitbit Ionic or Fitbit Versa. You’ll find the Fitbit App Gallery by selecting your connected Smartwatch in the mobile app, choosing the ‘Apps’ tile and toggling to ‘All Apps’ at the top of the screen. You can then search third party apps by category and choose your favorite of the relevant options available, in this case: Full Battery. Happy exploring!

Please note that if you have feedback or a suggestion for the third party app, you can contact the developer directly (if they have shared their contact details publicly). Open their app in the Fitbit App Gallery and you’ll find their contact details under ‘app details’ or ‘clock face details’. Thanks.

Status changed to: Released
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released. The device will not vibrate as this uses up more battery, but we've achieved this in various ways 1) a red battery shows through on clock faces on smartwatches when battery is low 2) Smart watches have third party apps where you can customize emails to warn you and inform you about battery  3) Fitbit automatically emails you when your battery is low. Please note that this will not roll out to trackers.

@beharris, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service! 😊

sing_to_you
Stepping Up

I just got through asking the same thing and posting about a warning on my watch when battery is low. I would like my Fitbit Luxe to vibrate and let me know the battery is low. I only get an email and it’s usually after the fact. My watch is dead and I find out later on I received an email telling me I have a low battery. This happens quite a lot. That does me no good as I don’t check my email everyday. So yes I vote for some kind of notice on the watch itself to let me know I need to charge it. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.