Blaze: More data in "Run" mode

Hi, there! 
First of all, I want to say how much I love the new clock faces on the Blaze. Being able to see more information, cleverly presented, is always a good thing. In that vein, I would very much love to see Run mode made more data-friendly. Specifically, getting rid of the big "pause" button on the watch face, and replacing it with useful data. The first reason for that is that when I'm running with a long-sleeved shirt, and I get sweaty, sometimes that's enough to trigger the pause button, which kills the data for my run. Kinda makes me want to hulk out when that happens. Secondly, when one's fingers are all sweaty, it's nearly impossible to swipe to the data one wants. While moving quickly, it's difficult to keep steady and do that. Therefore, being able to see multiple pieces of information at one time would be a major boon. See below. I get that my Photoshop skills are inadequate, but I think you can get the gist. This gives all of the information one could need in a handy, single-screen view. This is the one thing keeping the Blaze from being perfect. 

Exercise mode mock-upExercise mode mock-up

4 Comments
Robin_3Alukos
First Steps
New faces, yeah!
Ironman2
First Steps

I just switched from the Surge to the Blaze and I have to say I really miss that I cannot see all the stats I care about on one screen during a run.

It is hard to swipe between screens when your hands are sweaty and you're on the move.

I wish the running screen looked more like the Surge.  The stats I care about at a glance as a runner are:

• Current Pace
  • Heartrate
  • Distance
  • Total Time

And with every mile complete, briefly show the time for that mile.

I do appreciate the settings icon in the lower left of the "Run" screen after you select Exercise which allows you to change your secondary stat.  Still requires me to swipe between 3 screens to see the 4 stats I care about.

MikeSimone
Recovery Runner

So, I just switched to the Ionic, and they pretty much fixed every problem I had with the Blaze.

Totally worth upgrading.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.