Blood pressure Fitbit device with historical tracking

It would be great if Fitbit either created a blood pressure monitor and a glucose monitor that would sync with the dashboard or if they would team up with another company (Omron, diabetic community app) to have their product sync with the dashboard instead of having to manually enter it.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

880 Comments
bayoubat
Jogger

I also would like to see the sugar grams counted. It's probably included in the carb count, but it would be really helpful to see the sugar grams consumed. One of my goals is to keep my sugar level to a minimum so tracking the sugar grams would be a really useful tool to have.

CarolinaMoon
Jogger

I would love to see this suggestion implemented!  I am supposed to stay at 25 grams of sugar or less and I'm new to tracking sugar, so a tool would help greatly!

Aldona13
First Steps

Amount of sugar, in different forms, found in food is a huge health issue.  Please consider adding a "sugar content" feature to the Food Log - my doctor is more worried about my sugar intake than my fat intake.  I think this is the same for a lot of people. Thanks!

EJo04
First Steps

Def agree with that!  I was looking for that feature earlier since I have a bit of a sweet tooth!  It would be nice to track my progress as I cut back on the chocolate 🙂

sharra65
Premium User
Jogger

I would add fiber, vitamins and minerals to the list.

LissaW
First Steps
I agree, it would be very helpful if entries for BP, glucose, heartrate or anything else in web client can be entered using app especially iPhone app. One can hide if they don't need. Dashboard in app should be editable for preferences of what you want to see as well.
ggresch
First Steps

Agreed.  Tracking sugar is very important and it would be nice to see it with the rest of the counts.  Please add it soon!!  Thanks!  

smccaigq
First Steps

Add this to the mobile app already!! This is the one thing I have to have a separate app for on my phone as I cant log this from the fitbit app 😞 Please!

KARKC
First Steps

I would love the option to enter bp and hr via the mobile app.

MOMommy
Stepping Up

I AGREE!  When you log a food, that isn't already programmed in the software, and you go through the steps to fill in the "form" with serving size, calories, fat, carbs, sugars, proteins, etc..., the sugar grams should show in "Daily Totals" along-side calories, fat, fiber, carbs, protein, sodium, and water.  Having to keep track and adding up the sugar grams under the separate "SUGARS" tab is ridiculous.  The amount of sugar one consumes is CRITICAL in one's success at weight loss  and over-all well being.  It is really annoying that when you do have to manually put in all of your numbers for a particular food that isn't pre-set in the software, and you are putting in sugar grams manually at this point, that the software can't keep a running track visible in one's Daily Totals section.

SharonD
Stepping Up

Any update on implementation of Sugar Tracking? I'm new to this but am trying to consistently track everything that goes in my mouth and effort expended by my body. The lack of being able to track sugar is frustrating.

Candr14
Walker

I agree.  Tracking sugar would be very helpful.

Suzgibbs
First Steps

YES, PLEASE FitBit! I am a fan. Tracking my food to calories burned has been so helpful for me. I have lost 30 pounds and have 10 to go. Now, I NEED to track sugar, another step in my pursuit of better health. I hope sugar tracking can be added soon, as suggested by others, along with sodium, fat, protein, etc....

BoulderFit
First Steps

In the Food Log, I would like to see in addition to total Carbs, a measurement for Sugars.

dpalnau1983
First Steps

Agreed.

kps
First Steps
I wish I could enter the carbs I eat rather than calories.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Can we have an option to add a glucose tile to dashboard.  It would help to coordinate food and exercise with glucose results.  Thanks

Maryhitt
Jogger

I second this request!  This would be a very helpful option.

Ltsdanc
First Steps
It helps me to count carbs and I think this would be a great feature. Counting calories can only take you so far in regard to weight loss, the ability to actively control carb intake would be helpful. The ability to see the carbs on the dashboard would be helpful.
harper
Recovery Runner

I'm tracking sugar too,

and would like to see it under the daily totals section of my food page.

Thank you!

megsayre
First Steps

I am learning more and more about the danger of sugar.  Fed Up is making a big impact: http://fedupmovie.com/#/page/home

Fitbit is a great tool, but it could be so much more if it included information on sugar intake. Please upgrade the app to include sugar tracking!!!

millerpt
Jogger

I heartily agree with this idea. I, too, am more concerned with daily sugar intake. 

Donna_F
Jogger

Please give us sugar tracking on the Dashboard.  There is so much coming to light regarding the need to control sugar in our diets.  Thank you.

angelpatxi
Recovery Runner

I think that would be pretty UTL that could enter the data concerning the heart, blood pressure and glucose from the mobile application since these data are usually recorded in important times when it is very likely that there will have a computer at hand, which that in the case of a mobile is not the case since at any time normally always found us.

donna_h
Premium User
Jogger

I third it.  I find that the way glucose is treated is kludgey.  you need a diabetic softwre designer.  We need notes for each entry, we need unlimited entries.  I was told on the forum that if I bought premium, I'd have unlimited entries for glucose, but I bought premium and I don't see any more entries...just more trend analysis.  Hemoglobin A1C is only measured about once every three months, but is treated like it's a daily measurement. It should be populated with the previous entry until manually changed.

And the idea that we have to link to Microsoft health vault to print this stuff out?  How would you ever think that we didn't have to actually track food/glucose and units administered and report to our doctors?  Do you have any idea how much they yell at us?  They can't determine what our units administerred should be (as opposed to what is)  unless they know our starting levels, the food we eat, and then the resulting 2-hour post prandial.  I am trying fitbit to improve my control, and this just doesn't give me all the pieces and put them in the right place for me to present this to my doctor, even with premium.

The way glucose is handled is just not as elegant and useful as it should be.  It'svery important for us diabetics, and diabetes is an epidemic all over. This is an important and useful part of fitbit, it just needs some improvement.  This could be great, and most of the pieces are actually there.  They aren't put together quite right to provide the information we need.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.