Blood pressure Fitbit device with historical tracking

It would be great if Fitbit either created a blood pressure monitor and a glucose monitor that would sync with the dashboard or if they would team up with another company (Omron, diabetic community app) to have their product sync with the dashboard instead of having to manually enter it.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

880 Comments
Agg89
Jogger
Create a blood pressure monitor with Bluetooth to download into your Fitbit app.
lcole29
First Steps
I would like to see a Blood Pressure monitor add to features.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @lcole29, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a Blood Pressure Fitbit device with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Android-App
Jogger

It is strange that this thread goes back to 2014 with no action from Fitbit.

Personally, I don't care if Fitbit doesn't have a device that takes blood pressure.  I have a cuff and can take it; I don't think it's too much to ask simply to have a place to enter the data in the app and keep the information in one place.

Noom can do this . . . if Noom can do it, so can Fitbit.

lian
Recovery Runner
Nearly all smart watches do it now and ecg. Fitbit is being left behind in this field nut they don't seem to care!

Get Outlook for Android
BVTJ78
First Steps

I haven't seen a watch type device that reads blood pressure and I don't need one. I have a wrist BP reader and a cuff like they use at the doctor's office. I just want to be able to reduce the number of apps I use and to do this, I need the Fitbit app to allow input of my BP readings manually like it does for Glucose. It would be great! 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

It doesn't surprise me at all @Android-App  considering that in 2014 it would require adding a band with a pump and air bladder. 

Today, yes fitbit could (sort of) have this feature. It uses the timing between the ECG and when the pulse reaches the wrist. But first needs to be calibrated with your traditions upper cuff BP machine. Even then the readings are extrapolated, giving a reading that should, for most, be accurate enough. 

Guitarplayer
Tempo Runner

I back the idea to be able to input blood pressure into fitbit app (like body temperature, weight, glucose)

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@BVTJ78 the fitbit app use to have t is feature. However very few users tool advantage of this feature and it was dropped. 

Enoelf
First Steps

@Rich_Laue Are you saying that the fitbit app once was able to log blood pressure and it was removed because few users used it? This thread has been going since 2014, I don't want to say you're wrong, but it sure seems like....you're wrong.

PATruesdell
First Steps
What ? I hope not. I’ve never seen it pop in let alone get removed.

Pat

Sent from Mail for Windows
ohynek
Base Runner

I'm long time Fitbit user and I remember days when manual logging was possible. But sadly it was remove. So it's true. I hope that one day this feature returns.

Cindi_B
Jogger
Track blood pressure through an app for Versa 2.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Cindi_B, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to track your blood pressure with your Versa 2 with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

hobie15
Jogger
Sent from my iPad
Cindi_B
Jogger

My husband has a generic smart watch and it takes a pretty accurate reading so somehow it can be done and should be. 

justjanet4Y
First Steps
Please add blood pressure to versac2
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @justjanet4Y, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to track your blood pressure using your Fitbit device with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

pleighton
Recovery Runner

I can envision a ring sensor that is connected to the watch or your phone that can take blood pressure reading through expanding like a cuff. This type of sensor is always more accurate than ones without putting pressure on arteries/veins to get the sys/dia readings.

pleighton
Recovery Runner

It would be connected by bluetooth.

Lakemerwin
Jogger
Ty

Sent from my iPhone
pleighton
Recovery Runner

👍

--
"It's ALL good."

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Werehamster
First Steps

Amazfit added to there watch using optical sensor - c'mon Fitbit/Google surely you can do this?

https://gadgetsandwearables.com/2022/02/01/amazfit-automatic-blood-pressure/

Symba
Stepping Up
All they need to do is integrate Cardiex / Atcor technology that is available now. Mobvoi is about to release a device with Crdiex tech.

Sent from my iPad
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Yes @Werehamster it uses a 1 point ECG and timing of the detected pulse in the wrist.

Basically the higher the Blood pressure the sooner the pulse is detected at the wrist. It also needs to be calibrated with a 3rd party BP cuff

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.