Blood pressure Fitbit device with historical tracking

It would be great if Fitbit either created a blood pressure monitor and a glucose monitor that would sync with the dashboard or if they would team up with another company (Omron, diabetic community app) to have their product sync with the dashboard instead of having to manually enter it.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

880 Comments
pleighton
Recovery Runner

Rich_Laue,

No attack intended. I was just expressing my displeasure with Fitbit for ignoring a reasonable suggestion. I'm sorry you took it that way.

I have found a solution outside Fitbit which uses another band device which measures BP. From there I can get it into the iPhone Health app. 

Peter

Dgrendon
Jogger

Would love to be able to enter and keep track of my blood pressure readings asking with all the other detail i keep in fitbit for overall health tracking - rather then using other apps in conjunction. 

Cheers

Ammars27
Recovery Runner
I agree with this post and don’t feel it is an attack. They should provide this as a basic need now. I am looking outside the box now also do to there lack of response

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks

Mr Hasanie
Neil47
First Steps

It would help if Fitbit replied.

is there a technical reason that stops them offering a BP app on their products?

if so we the customer should be told if we are wasting our time.

Come on Fitbit stop ignoring your customers.

N.

pleighton
Recovery Runner

Thank you, Mr Hasanie & Neil47,

I feel that a "no" without proper explanation is a way of disrespecting customers who have invested in a product line. Some form of communication from them would be appropriate here.

P

Rbtech
First Steps
I have been with Fitbit since Oct 2012. I have replaced my Fitbit three times over the years. I have purchased two others for friends. I remember when I first started Fitbit allowed us to log blood pressure readings. This allowed us to see the results. I don't know why this feature can't be turned back on.
Qardio is what I currently use, it does a great job.
Rbtech2

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
pleighton
Recovery Runner

Rbtech2,

I had a look at the Qardio devices, but I prefer bands to cuffs.

The one that I have is no longer available but I found one that comes close. I wear it  on the opposite arm for blood pressure: https://smile.amazon.com/Activity-Bracelet-Pedometer-Notification-Wristband/dp/B0748NRK3K/ref=sr_1_2...

There is an app for this: You can scan the QR code on product image to download “wearfit” App or search it in App Store/Google Play.

Here's another I foundhttps://smile.amazon.com/Waterproof-Bracelet-Pedometer-Pressure-Cellphone-Blue/product-reviews/B0751...

both are under $100. Not trying to sell anything, just wanted to let people know that there are low-price devices that can complement or perhaps even replace the fitbit.

P

Ammars27
Recovery Runner
Will look into it as now need to change and think outside the :package:

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks

Mr Hasanie
Saitai
Stepping Up

I would definitely buy the Fitbit Ionic if it just included Blood Pressure and SPo2 (oxygen) monitors built in to the watch, which could either take ad-hoc or at regular interval readings, synced to the app this historical data would prove very useful.

I know they may not be as accurate as devices made specifically to measure these, but even the cheap trackers/smart watches under £50 can do this to a fair accuracy, only trouble with them is either the smart watch itself or the app are lacking in looks, functionality or support when things go wrong.

Reviews on the web mention the functionality, so I'm perplexed why it doesn't already have the functions e.g. "A new tri-wave sensor on the bottom also tracks relative SpO2 (or oxygen saturation) to monitor oxygen levels in your blood, which the company plans to use for tracking new metrics in the future, including sleep apnea." on https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/8/28/16206914/fitbit-new-fitness-tracking-smartwatch-io... and "Though the Ionic won't be conducting diabetes-specific readings on its own, this is another feature for the new smartwatch to add the list, which includes blood oxygen level monitoring, GPS tracking, on-device workouts, better heart rate tracking and water resistance." on http://www.techradar.com/news/fitbit-ionic-smartwatch-will-soon-assist-diabetics-in-monitoring-gluc... to quote a couple.

I'm am sure with the premium price of the Ionic, you could easily include the said functions, which would be a first for premium smart watch by a reputable brand like Fitbit.

Saitai
Stepping Up

I would definitely buy the Fitbit Ionic if it just included Blood Pressure and SPo2 (oxygen) monitors built in to the watch, which could either take ad-hoc or at regular interval readings, synced to the app this historical data would prove very useful.
I know they may not be as accurate as devices made specifically to measure these, but even the cheap trackers/smart watches under £50 can do this to a fair accuracy, only trouble with them is either the smart watch itself or the app are lacking in looks, functionality or support when things go wrong.
Reviews on the web mention the functionality, so I'm perplexed why it doesn't already have the functions e.g. "A new tri-wave sensor on the bottom also tracks relative SpO2 (or oxygen saturation) to monitor oxygen levels in your blood, which the company plans to use for tracking new metrics in the future, including sleep apnea." on https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/8/28/16206914/fitbit-new-fitness-tracking-smartwatch-io... and "Though the Ionic won't be conducting diabetes-specific readings on its own, this is another feature for the new smartwatch to add the list, which includes blood oxygen level monitoring, GPS tracking, on-device workouts, better heart rate tracking and water resistance." on http://www.techradar.com/news/fitbit-ionic-smartwatch-will-soon-assist-diabetics-in-monitoring-gluco... to quote a couple.
I'm am sure with the premium price of the Ionic, you could easily include the said functions, which would be a first for premium smart watch by a reputable brand like Fitbit.

pleighton
Recovery Runner

Thank you, Saitai,

I feel EXACTLY the same way! With BP & O2, the Iconic would be awesome. Also it could use a way to download data from the app you could import into an excel spreadsheet.  Then I would definitely consider getting the Iconic, but not until then.

P

Saitai
Stepping Up

Thanks pleighton. The import into excel spreadsheet would be a great addition! 

jsmith95
Stepping Up
I don't think anyone at Fitbit cares at all about the diabetic community or even bothers to read our posts. 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
MMinty
Jogger
Sadly, I think you're right.Never had one response from Fitbit. Now even a 'we're looking into it - hold tight'

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Neil47
First Steps

When you consider the health issues of both Europe and the USA etc the  blood pressure monitor included as part of one’s wearable fitness monitor is a massive ignored market.

Any supplier filling this need is on to a sure winner.

We the known hypertensives and potentially hypertensives are simply waiting to purchase such a device.

At present only a “cuff device” exists which supplies single data as in a doctors surgery whereas a continuous record sent to an iPad/smart phone would show the owner his true blood pressure during the whole day with out the inconvenience associated with the cuff.

We the customers are just sat waiting holding our bank cards, waiting ......

pleighton
Recovery Runner

Thanks Neil47,

A continuous BP reading (selectable by user) would be a great addition. If the band is doing both a continuous BP & HR, the battery might have to be enhanced a bit, but that's fine in a "premium" device like the Ionic. 

C'mon, Fitbit, your users are knocking at the gates!

P

I8ALOT
First Steps

Can you please add a blood pressure monitor, that's also accurate

Stump-grinder
Stepping Up

It would be really helpful for us diabetics if there was an optional blood sugar log on the dash board. It can be just as simple as the weight log and graph, but we could enter our blood sugars.

Stump-grinder
Stepping Up

I have been a type 2 diabetic since 2004 and a month ago my wife gave me her old fitbit and challenged me to a "Step-off". After the first week I started logging my food to get a more accurate number of the amount of carbs I was getting (Because I take insulin based on my carb intake). I kept having low blood sugars, so I talked to my doctors office today and they said "That's Great! As long as your numbers are good, you don't need to take insulin anymore, your body is producing it on it's own because of your walking." Can you believe that! As of right now I don't have to take insulin as long as I get my walking in! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Fitbit!!! I just wish that there was an area on the dash board, where I could log my blood sugars. Just a simple log and graph like the weight log would be fine. With the money I save on copays for my insulin, I am going to buy an Ionic! Thanks again fitbit and please look into that blood sugar log.

Lehman
First Steps

One more for blood pressure device .  Use the Aria as well would be nice to have wireless device so BP could be tracked in your app least a software change allowing you to use one already in production. 

pleighton
Recovery Runner

Thanks Lehman,

Great idea.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Alschmick thanks for this suggestion. I've merged this into this existing feature around monitoring glucose here. We've just announced a partnership with One Drop which you can learn more about here.

To vote on tracking medication, please vote on this existing suggestion.

TN1217
First Steps

Add blood pressure to existing charge 2 so you can monitor your blood pressure readings throughout the day and add to your dashboard on the app

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Please remember that only one suggestion is reccomended so that it is obvious ss which suggestion is being voted on. 

Also the required search will show that your first two suggestions have already been posted and awaiting for additional votes 

Thank you

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

This previously matching suggestion is waiting for votes. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.