Blood pressure Fitbit device with historical tracking

It would be great if Fitbit either created a blood pressure monitor and a glucose monitor that would sync with the dashboard or if they would team up with another company (Omron, diabetic community app) to have their product sync with the dashboard instead of having to manually enter it.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

880 Comments
bleeched
Jogger

I just made the same suggestion (in the wrong place unfortunately). But I agree totally. Sugar really needs to be tracked.

LBflex
Jogger

Totally agree with everyone here.  I log all of the nutiritonal information of the food I eat (when it's available) and it would be so helpful to see a more descriptive breakdown besides just calories, fat, fiber, carbs, sodium, protein, and water.  I'm mostly concerned about my sugar intake and trying to keep it below the American Heart Association recommendations.

silentpaul
First Steps
I love the calorie counter (adding food manually) would love a carb counter (manual entry) . Diabetics and people with high cholesterol would love this.
caw13
Jogger

I would also like to keep track of my sugar totals. It's such an important aspect of nutrition! n addiiton, I wonder if it would be possible to have the option to compare our daily totals for each category (protein, sugar, sodium), etc... to the current daily recommendations.

Callmedoubleb
First Steps

I completely support this, I would love to be able to post my glucose levels and blood pressure levels when I only have my phone handy. I do not want to have to use multiple apps to do this. fitbit already offers this on the web site so why not on the mobile app. Even if there was an additional fee or you needed premium to record more times this would be better than nothing.

Callmedoubleb
First Steps

Completely agree with this.

Callmedoubleb
First Steps

I would love the glucose log to be available in the mobile apps.

Rascle1
Runner

I log my blood glucose daily. Sometimes it is normal and I do not need to do anything for it.

Other times it is high and I need to use insulin...I would like to see a place to reflect what I needed to do to correct the high.

Many times I am low, actually hypoglycemic requiring me to eat or eat something sweet, even small amounts of icing. This would make my food / calorie intake look higher but it is medically necessary and I would appreciate it if there was a way to be able to reflect these needs.

gayleannette
Recovery Runner

Did you know you can enter notes on either the journal page, or the food log? I have Type 2 Diabetes and often make notes on the food page by each meal, (Add a Note) if it relates to eating too many carbs causing higher BG's, or also general comments of what I did/didn't do, need to do, etc. on the journal page. It is not a quick check box and takes slightly longer but in absence of a specific Action Taken box, this might help you! 

Rascle1
Runner

Thank you for your answer. I never thought of doing it that way.

SueHow
Base Runner
I would love to see the amount of sugar I consume per day.
Cardell
Jogger

I second the request for a notes section in the glucose log. It would be so helpful to diabetics.

Lori2catahoulas
First Steps

As a diabetic with heart failure using Fitbit as part of my healthy lifestyle routine, being able to track BP and Glucose ont the APP would be awesome! i'm not always in front of my laptop during the day to log the numbers but always have the app with me.  Please add!

Lorijb99
First Steps

I would pay for premium to be able to record my Bp and glucose on the app! Please add! 

SelenaMKI
First Steps

I agree! As a fellow diabetic, I am seriously considering paying for the Premium just so I can log my BG whenever I test -- which is up to 7 times a day. I would love to be able to log my BG directly from the Android app.  Much more convenient than browsing the Fitbit website on my phone.

It would also be awesome to see versions of the Fitbit mobile app for specific health conditions, like diabetes and heart disease (heart rate, blood pressure and/or cholesterol), etc.  

SelenaMKI
First Steps

I second the request to have the glucose log as part of the mobile app.  (I use an Android phone.)

zapleahy
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a great request. Understanding your intake and cutting down on sugars--especially foods with added sugar--can do wonders for your overall health.

In addition to the protein, fat, and carbs chart displayed on your dashboard, Fitbit Premium surfaces more nutrition data including information on the sugar, potassium, fiber, calcium, sodium, and cholesterol content of the foods you've logged. 

Another way you can start tracking your sugar intake today would be to create a custom tracker and start logging your sugars separately.

To create a custom tracker:

1. From your Fitbit.com dashboard, click Log at the top of the screen.
  2. Click the Add custom tracker link in the upper right corner of the Log page.
  3. Enter a name for the item you'd like to track, the unit used to measure it (such as "grams" for sugar), and choose a tracking type (either "number" for tracking quantity or "yes/no" for tracking whether something occurred).
  4. Click Add Log. Your custom tracker will now be visible on the Log page beneath the standard row of default tracking options.

Thanks for the feedback! We're always looking to improve the logging facilities on the site, and appreciate the time you spend discussing Fitbit features with us here on the Community.

suejetski
Recovery Runner

UGH, the custom tracker isn't helpful at all for that. I set mine up several months ago to track sugar grams and I don't use it because it's a pain. (You have to figure your grams and add them manually, then you have to click on the tracker button to see your daily total.) Seems like this could be automated since sugar is incorporated into nutritional info of our menu items - why can't the database go grab that info and display it in the Daily Total area?

It would be nice for individuals to be able to customize the Daily Total display. 

starboyhull
Premium User
Recovery Runner

As we track carbs not cals this would be so useful and relately easy to implement as it would only require a lookup on "carbs" instead of "cals".

I really dont know why this hasnt been done as it such a straight forward thing to do.

areik3
First Steps
I hardly ever use my Fitbit account on my laptop computer, I was surprised to see you can monitor it on the desktop version, can the beta' version be set up on the phone where you can pick the tiles you want, one of them being blood glucose, please. I hate having a separate app for this!
Mary991
Recovery Runner

A blood pressure monitor that sychronizes with FitBit would be great!

oroyce
First Steps

I agree with SueJetski. Hopefully it's in the works. As a pre-diabetic it is extremely important and I'm invested in FitBit already, I don't want to have to start switching between services. Smiley Happy

Pyanfar
Base Runner

I don't know if it's available on the Apple app, but it isn't for Android, so I can only record it via the Web dashboard.

raymac71
First Steps

YES, I would too! I would think that can be an easy enhancement to add.    

sanchj8
Jogger

Hello Fitbit, please add the ability to track sugar levels on the mobil app. This would be ideal to have an all in one app for Diabetics as well as tracking your health. Please consider the suggestion. Thanks

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.