Brick (or deactivate) a lost device

I lost my Fitbit at the airport in Toronto. I know there is no way I am ever getting it back. I would like the ability to brick a lost device so no one is incentivized to keep a lost or stolen Fitbit.

Moderator Edit: Labels

108 Comments
EVEYYH
Jogger
I disagree on the cost comparison. I used to think that way. But all my
Fitbits broke right after 1 year. For the poor longevity, it's really not
worth getting a Fitbit. The two main reasons I moved away from Fitbit are
the irresponsible way they handle lost watches and the poor longevity.
tedhowell
Base Runner

EVEYYH:  re: "the irresponsible way they handle lost watches". Years ago I called Fitbit Customer Service and said "I just stole a Fitbit. Can you help me set it up?"  "Yes sir, I can help you with that". I repeated myself to make sure they had understood me and the answer was the same.

I was done with Fitbit.

The feature set on the "arrogant" competition justifies the cost.

lorilaney
First Steps

Lost Fitbit. You can not freeze it from your account. There is not anything you can do. This has been an awful experience.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @lorilaney, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to brick or deactivate a lost device. We're sorry to hear about your experience. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

odhiambo
Recovery Runner

So Fitbit requires 10 years so as to "see interest" in a feature?? That's idiotic.

When was the feature first suggested by clients?? Most of us are already moving away from Fitbit anyway.

Cxp
Jogger

Yep. Next on the list besides a Fitbit ?

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Flaskino
First Steps
Provide the ability to block use of a Fitbit when it has been lost. I also paid for a Premium membership, which doesn't expire for another nine months, and now whoever finds my Fitbit gets to use it as well.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Flaskino, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to block a Fitbit device if it got lost with us. I noticed this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.