Sync distance between Fitbit and Runkeeper

Currently Fitbit syncs steps and calories only to Runkeeper.com.

I think it would be great if distance (km/miles) could be synced too. Distance is calculated, so the data is there.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

8 Comments
Falkens
Jogger

I wish that most training information is synchronized between Runkeeper and Fitbit. There I train is added to the Fitbit so it can be deducted from my calories.

Forgive me, but how hard can this be really ??

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey! I think this could be a great addition to our current integration with Runkeeper. Keep voting in commenting! Woman Wink

Mathiassko87
Jogger

Hopefully they Will add so the GPS recorded exercises sync's from Fitbit till Runkeeper. That shold be awesome 😊

DeeDjee
First Steps

I'm a new Fitbit user for a couple of days now and I love it!

Just a sec, need to take some steps to complete my hourly activity 🙂

I've made the connection with runkeeper but notice that it only syncs the daily step activity, sleep ect.

It doesn't sync the excersises (if implemented please add heartrate data!) I performed with my fitbit which is really a pity and the only reason why I wanted to sync with runkeeper as this was my excersise tracker before the fitbit era.

Hope this gets implemented anytime soon.

Keep up the good work guys!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Runkeeper developers would be able to integrate with us by using our Activity & Exercise Logs Web API.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

jorisva
Jogger

Would it be possible to only sync the exercises to RunKepper and not the calorie and step count? I recently noticed that not only the exercises are displayed in the RunKeeper feed, but also the calorie and step count and I don't want to share that data with friends.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.